Discuss Anhydrite sceed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
No one else seems to be joining in this one so here goes

Sand it to clean it and remove any loose friable stuff (dirt, snots, etc) Use 60grit paper and on that size I would use rotary floor scarrifier - take maybe a couple of hours tops.

Vaccuum it to remove any remaining dust (do this thoroughly)

Make sure it's dry and make sure any underfloor heating has been comissioned and run.

Prime it with suitable primer leaving sufficient time for the primer to dry prior to doing the next bit.

Consider uncoupling membrane if heated screed (not absolute necessity but useful protection against expansion/contraction)

Stick your tiles down using a suitable adhesive.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Thanks Ajax for advice.. I didnt realise Lafarge was local to me so ended up going down to see them . There advice was similar to yours ..Cheers!!

similar.......SIMILAR...it should be the same not flippin similar.......where in the country are you?

Reply to Anhydrite sceed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, I have an anhydrite screeded floor that’s been down 4mths. I now need to sand it before...
Replies
Views
I'm having a nightmare trying to establish product info from distributors. For example...
Replies
Views
I have the old stock no more ply down unprimed. (Their new stock comes pre-primed). Mapei...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Anhydrite sceed
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.