Search the forum,

Discuss Another question about cement boards and screws! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Speedoman

I've only ever used 25mm Turbo screws for 6mm hardie glued and screwed to floor boards...

For timber walls they recommend 5.0x32mm with a course thread, for metal framework perhaps give Hardie a call but the screws would need to have a fine thread.

A while ago I spoke to hardibacker because I found it difficult to find the screws for metal frames that they have advertised on their website. They told me I can use their timer screws for metal frames!

Wickes used to sell the hardibacker screws under their own branding, it said ceramic coated screws on the packet and for timber use, but when I was there recently they told me they don’t sell them anymore.

W

White Room

A while ago I spoke to hardibacker because I found it difficult to find the screws for metal frames that they have advertised on their website. They told me I can use their timer screws for metal frames!

Wickes used to sell the hardibacker screws under their own branding, it said ceramic coated screws on the packet and for timber use, but when I was there recently they told me they don’t sell them anymore.

Never heard of them... [MENTION=42734]Speedoman[/MENTION]

Reply to Another question about cement boards and screws! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

Advertisement