Discuss Anti Slip Rating R9 For Shower Enclosure in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Leon Moylan

Hi

Just wondered what peoples thoughts were on using R9 rated tiles inside a shower enclosure?

I'm a sparky who has done a bit of tiling in the past but I'm not attempting it this time as I want a proper job doing.

We've chosen the tiles and I've checked with tiler if these are going to be ok and his response has been that they should be but if they are too slippy then we could always put down a non slip mat.

Just wondering if it might be better to go down the shower tray route.

Any thoughts appreciated
Thanks

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
image.jpg

R9 is apparently the worst type. I wouldn't have it on a dry floor if that's the case?

And PTV 36 is r11 ish it seems.

image.jpg

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
A couple of good new threads to help the tilers get used to these values as more and more slippy porcelain gets used.

Should Slip Resistance For Floor Tiles Be Considered A Factor As Important As Weight Limits For Wall
Floor Slip Rating For Floor Tiles | Pendulum Test Value Ptv 36 Ptv38

And a supplier of anti-slip coatings, not sure how good they are or what they do: Handl Solutions - Anti-Slip Floor Treatments, Coatings, Cleaners, Safety Tapes - NO SKIDDING Products -the answer to slippery surfaces.
Some other products on their website for other tile types.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Anti Slip Rating R9 For Shower Enclosure in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Don't mind me while I try and get some discussion on this pendulum test value thing I've got...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, I have found a tile that I love, it says on the website it is for floors and walls...
Replies
Views
S
hi guys, would appreciate guidance on floor tiles for exterior porch in a public building prone...
Replies
Views
T
Good old Ultracolour Plus in grey has stained white flecked antislip glazed porcelains (quite a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB