Discuss anti-slip tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

hi guys,
would appreciate guidance on floor tiles for exterior porch in a public building prone to wet weather. i have seen a few tile suppliers who seem unaware of R rating and anti-slip co-efficients. i am puzzled by R11 rating being anti-slip yet can be slippy in wet? can anyone recommend some black/charcoal med size porcelain for outdoor steps/ porch. thanks:hurray:
you should be looking for a ptv of 36 and above in the wet r rating a waste of time and could get you in a load of trouble

T

Time's Ran Out

It should be specified by the Architect for risk factor!
You'd be better going to the specification department of CTD and they may suggest their 'Dotti' range of 20x20 or 30x30cm unglazed porcelain which I believe are suitable and in the colour ranges you require. They will be able to provide the necessary paperwork to verify their suitability.
The main department would be in Newcastle on 0191 2761506 and ask for technical/specification.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
A couple of good new threads to help the tilers get used to these values as more and more slippy porcelain gets used.

Should Slip Resistance For Floor Tiles Be Considered A Factor As Important As Weight Limits For Wall
Floor Slip Rating For Floor Tiles | Pendulum Test Value Ptv 36 Ptv38

And a supplier of anti-slip coatings, not sure how good they are or what they do: Handl Solutions - Anti-Slip Floor Treatments, Coatings, Cleaners, Safety Tapes - NO SKIDDING Products -the answer to slippery surfaces.
Some other products on their website for other tile types.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to anti-slip tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Don't mind me while I try and get some discussion on this pendulum test value thing I've got...
Replies
Views
L
Hi Just wondered what peoples thoughts were on using R9 rated tiles inside a shower enclosure...
Replies
Views
T
Good old Ultracolour Plus in grey has stained white flecked antislip glazed porcelains (quite a...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, I have found a tile that I love, it says on the website it is for floors and walls...
Replies
Views
F
Hey Everyone This is my first post on this forum, so thanks for having me. I used an ceramic...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB