Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Any Advice On Dry Tile Cutters, Whats The Best? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Well paul i am a big rubi tools user..so its rubi for me....the TX range is good and so is the TR 40 for smaller tiles it has a movable breaker just like the TX range.....And the ts+ range are good as well.......

There are a few video's on rubit cutters in this thread...

http://www.tilersforums.com/tiling-tools/6268-selection-rubi-cutters.html

But if not impressed then the members will tell you what they use as well.....so good hunting paul.....:grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

I agree with Dave , for me Rubi are the best. I use a TS60 and a 40for smaller jobs. With regards to the chipping, i think that if you use the correct sized blade and make sure you score right to the end of tile - you should be fine.
Never used the TX series mind - what, if anything does that allow you to do different?

watch the videos in that link bling and you will see what the tx does...much better for porcelain tiles.......

P

penno

I agree with Dave , for me Rubi are the best. I use a TS60 and a 40for smaller jobs. With regards to the chipping, i think that if you use the correct sized blade and make sure you score right to the end of tile - you should be fine.
Never used the TX series mind - what, if anything does that allow you to do different?

Cut a porcelain with one and be amazed at the difference compared to the TS range, well worth the cash.

M

MICK the Tiler

Sigma user down Here. I still like the rubi gear though both good choices.

I like the more single action of the sigma seems quicker for me. I hate having to look over the bar to line up marks on tile cuts. I like the handle action.

I like the compact design of the rubi fits in tight places. I also like the way one can line up marks as there is a double bar. I hate the action of the rubi I also hate the handle design.

Once you get use to something just stick with it the more practice you get the better the tool will be for you.

G

GazTech

I like the more single action of the sigma seems quicker for me. I hate having to look over the bar to line up marks on tile cuts. I like the handle action.

I like the compact design of the rubi fits in tight places. I also like the way one can line up marks as there is a double bar. I hate the action of the rubi I also hate the handle design.

Once you get use to something just stick with it the more practice you get the better the tool will be for you.
Good post Mick...we all find a cutter eventually that best suits our style of tiling......Gaz:yes:

D

Droopy

This man is correct. Listen to him:thumbsup:

I use a "Klick Klock" handle on my Sigma, works even better with porcelain than the standard handle.

D

Dave Carr

I like the sigma technica 37 drag handle for small tiles, overall a fantastic machine for angles, ruler is superb, breaker suitable for even tough tiles.
I use tomecanic supercoups for bigger tiles, has two breakers one for fine delicate cuts and wider breaker for standard cuts and angles, now that is an awesome machine that'll cut pretty much anything; best machines I have ever had the pleasure of using - none of that hard sharp snapping you need with a rubi for porcelain, more a gentle click. Pure quality :)
tom2.jpg
tom1.jpg

tecnic1.jpg

Reply to Any Advice On Dry Tile Cutters, Whats The Best? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long...
Replies
Views
Hi all Can anyone recommend a cutter for herringbone, got 200m2 of 300x150 walls to do in a few...
Replies
Views
Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views
I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Need to choose a grout for the above. For the black floor tiles 300x600 am thinking either...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Any Advice On Dry Tile Cutters, Whats The Best?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • BAL

Votes: 26 30.2%