UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Any Air Rifle owners here..? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dougs Third Go

two pellets into a bunny today, bounced both times then hopped off into the hedge....this was from 20 yards with a 177 pcp. i was free shooting so chances are I hit it in body both times and pellets have passed right through, (I did a test from 35 yards with a tin can yesterday and pellets passed through front and back), it's not what I want to happen so maybe a 22 may be better, any thoughts?

D

Dougs Third Go

.177 is great for rats and feathered etc but IMO Doug you need the extra whack from a .22 for larger vermin.... and with a pcp it has much better accuracy than a springer..

And you get more shots per fill with a .22 than a .177[/QUOTE]
ahh, I didn't realise that, I assumed that 177 pellets being lighter wouldn't need as much pressure, but no doubting pcp's accuracy as I had a bit of hardie backer up against back fence and from 10 yards to 40 yards there was less than an inch drop.

D

DHTiling

.177 is great for rats and feathered etc but IMO Doug you need the extra whack from a .22 for larger vermin.... and with a pcp it has much better accuracy than a springer..

And you get more shots per fill with a .22 than a .177[/QUOTE]
ahh, I didn't realise that, I assumed that 177 pellets being lighter wouldn't need as much pressure, but no doubting pcp's accuracy as I had a bit of hardie backer up against back fence and from 10 yards to 40 yards there was less than an inch drop.

With .177 having a faster FPS Doug , then this uses more air from the charge , so less shots per fill.. there is always the .177 v's the .22 debate .. my take is .. .177 is fantastic for targets and small vermin and head shots but a heart/lung shot on crows/magpies etc and head shots on rabbits then you want a .22

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Any Air Rifle owners here..? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.