Discuss any posts explaining tiling lingo or does anyone know of a website? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

aph257

So what do you do ? space it with spacers take them out as you go and adjust any sizey joints as you go ?

see picture of how spacers can be removed before grouting. P1000956 copy.jpg

see picture of how spacers can be removed before grouting. View attachment 21459

Yeah mate, I got that much but the way I read it was that whitebeam took he spacers out as he went to adjust any sizieness, the way you have it there I use sometimes as well, not often though because in my view it creates work, by that i mean the amount of time it takes to place 4 spacers instead of one, the chance of a tile slipping out of line increase, and then you have to spend time taking them out again, ok, if your not on price I suppose but most of my work is at the moment so anything I can do to speed the process up is money in my pocket.

L

leec

been looking into quotes into regrouting wall tiles the prices are bit over what i want to spend seeing as i have to also get a new front door fairly soon :thumbsdown:. the pic is the state of my wall tiles a few after being cleaned of the green paint still have a slight tinge green. i come across this aquamix stuff recolourant and sealer what do the pros think of this product then?
apologies for the pic quality my high end phone doesnt have flash!

Attachments

• 2010-12-27 20.53.03.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 30

Reply to any posts explaining tiling lingo or does anyone know of a website? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know how I can get hold of some discontinued Seramiksan Teos Black 33 x 33 tiles. I...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi there, hoping for some help here. I am about to install a small (2.2x2.5m approx) area of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
any posts explaining tiling lingo or does anyone know of a website?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks