Discuss Any problems with micromax 2?? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

AMtek

Has anyone else had problems with the micromax 2? i used it on a job last week and i got the pebble as the sample card was the closest match to the tile but when it was mixed it was a very dark brown, almost chocolate so i mixed some white in to see if i could get the colour right and although i ended up mixing it 50/50 white and pebble it was much darker and a different shade to both the sample card and the colour on the bag, not only that but the pebble silicone was a completely different colour to both the sample card and the grout! so i sacked the pebble off and went with jasmin which was a closer match to the tiles but not the same colour as the sample card. Next was the smoke, although the colour wasn't far off the sample card colour when the grout started drying back it was very patchy and stayed like that when it was completely dry. I didn't wash down too soon, i mixed it well, left to stand for 15mins, mixed again then used it.

Has anyone else had a problem or suggest what is going wrong and if it is "operator error"?

A

AMtek

When you say shading issues do you mean from using more than one mix of grout and them not being mixed to exactly the right percentage and being slightly different colours or one mix of grout drying patchy?

I've always done it and never had a problem. haha

whenever i have mixed two colours i have measured out with a margin trowel to get the colour i want then mixed the ratio of dry grout in a bucket with a lid and give it a good shake to mix the two and make sure i have enough dry grout to do the whole area with the same bach. But saying that if it isn't good practice then i won't be doing it anymore

A

AMtek

Im a little curious with something you've mentioned on the first page.

You let it stand for 15 minutes?
Micromax is rapid setting. You weren't tempted to add more water were you? Too much water in micromax would cause colouring issues.

No, never add water to grout or addy to get it back if i can't get it back by knocking it up with the bucket trowel it gets chucked. I say 15 mins but i let it sit while i checked all the joints over again, went to grab grout float and fill wash boy so it may have been less than 15mins. I found the pot life to be pretty good we did 3 of the 4 walls in the bathroom on one mix then a second mix with the smoke for the final wall.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Any problems with micromax 2?? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a keen DIYer and have chosen an Impey Aqua Dec 4 and waterguard tanking kit. The Aqua...
Replies
Views
I have cream coloured limestone tiles installed on outdoor walls around the perimeter of my...
Replies
Views
Hi people. I thought I’d throw this out to the proper tilers on here for some advice. I’ve put...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I’ve recently had my bathroom re-done which includes floor to ceiling white tiles however...
Replies
Views
Tile Shop
T

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB