Discuss White wall tile variations in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

AAW

I will say this and that I’m not a tiler in London. That I do not know the prep work involved, the number of window reveals etc. However that does sound a lot. Do you have job spec? What the work was that you paid for. I can’t be overly critical. I like to comment on the overall facts.

The room is 1.5 x 2 m with one window. The room has been tiled floor to ceiling.

O

Old Mod

The room is 1.5 x 2 m with one window. The room has been tiled floor to ceiling.
You should not be expected to stand the cost of removing and refitting.
Ultimately the work is not acceptable, and the tiler and builder have a responsibility to leave a job in an acceptable condition, which this is not.
I suggested everyone chipping in so that things don’t get ugly.
But if you don’t mind ugly, then it’s not your issue to deal with, it’s theirs.
You can’t be expected to pay for works that are not up to scratch.

W

Waluigi

My view point- if I would’ve supplied the tiles and fitting then I would sort out the replacement FOC, no questions asked.

If a customer supplied the tiles and I purely fitted the tiles, I would replace the tiles but charge for the work.

This is part of the reason I don’t do work where the customer supplies their own materials. I like to have complete control over everything I am fitting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Fact is those tiles must have gone through at least 3 pairs of hands before they reached the tiler....
1.... The supplier
2.... The delivery driver
3..... The customer.

Either one of those could have / should have checked the batch numbers.
Add to that the every day experience we get with open, retaped, ripped box's..
What chance do we get...?
Imo ....were employed as tilers.....not product control managers...

Or PCM.....for short....:)

T

Tile Shop

On one hand, british standards say it and it may also be written on the box that tiles need mixing from different boxes..... On the other hand, they are white tile, there should be no variation in a single batch. Or at least not to that extent.

I know first hand the procedures W&F and other suppliers have in place so it is unlikely that you have received mixed batches, but human error can happen so although unlikely, not impossible. So thats why it is asked of whoever to do a final check before fixing.

Personally, i don't rate johnsons quality control that highly. I have seen many issues slip through the net and its not spotted until its too late.

If you still have the boxes, check the batch numbers (date to the right of the barcode). If they are all the same, johnsons need to get involved to do a site visit and if it is confirmed as a shade fault, get some quotes for re fixing, send them to the supplier and they can pay out and resupply new tiles when the factory agree to reimburse them.

If it is mixed batches, it will be more difficult as technically they shouldn't have been fixed. If spotted they could have been swapped over before installation. But you may still be able to get fresh tiles FOC but what else in terms of fixing costs will have to be negotiated between you, the fitter and the supplier.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to White wall tile variations in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help? We had a path laid using reclaimed quarry tiles on top...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB