UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Any smokers in the forum ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I am a smoker and I hold my hands up to it being a dirty disgusting filthy habit.
I love the nicotine hit and adore smoking whilst drinking.

However the time hath cometh, again, to try and quit. I don't smoke heavily, maybe ten a day sometimes none a day. What is giving the inclination is that I have just stumbled across a new product called totally wicked. Apparently the best electronic cigarette on the market.
I am yet to research them fully as I am lying in bed on my iPhone.

Who else holds this horribly nice habit ? Have you heard of this company? Any good reviews from family or friends and which one do I buy as their range is vast!!!! Ideally I would want a cigar that tastes like a cigarette. Is that at all possible ?

ipacked it all in four years ago now,i put the money for the ciggies in a bottle it gave me incentive and then i would treat us to a meal out or buy something i was buying 60 a day making excuses up to myself to go down to the van for something so i could have a *** ,i have a mate who has opened a few shops selling them electronic **** ,he tried to get me to do the same as we are a good distance apart i will see if i can get hold of him and get back to you,good luck

F

Fliselege

My incentive was being told my newborn baby smelled of smoke after I handled her, that was that for me. 6 years later I'd still kill for one when I've had a drink, but use a Swedish product called snus and that sorts me out. But now I can't stand the stink of stale smoke, been known to pass jobs over cos a house stinks, and can not stand in a shop queue with a stale smelling smoker behind me, have had to walk away and rejoin the queue a few times

C

Concrete guy

My incentive was being told my newborn baby smelled of smoke after I handled her, that was that for me. 6 years later I'd still kill for one when I've had a drink, but use a Swedish product called snus and that sorts me out. But now I can't stand the stink of stale smoke, been known to pass jobs over cos a house stinks, and can not stand in a shop queue with a stale smelling smoker behind me, have had to walk away and rejoin the queue a few times

There is no worse non smoker, than an ex smoker.

I find the smell of stale smoke foul and like you will leave a room if it's too close.

I always think I must have stunk the same when I was a smoker. Awful.

Well I thought I would give you an update. I have successfully stopped for 5 weeks today !

I have used the e-cig from totally wicked. It has lots of flavour and the nicotine at 18mg to start me off on. It has been really easy to be frank. The cig gives you the hit you need, something to do with your hands and the love of hating the smell of smoke!

I can sit in the pub and watch the footy and let my mates come back stinking !

Next mission is getting back into running! Bring on the new year !!!

Basically Dan I visited the website and got all the details then I got the local dealer who just happened to be mobile to come out and show me how the kit works.

I got this kit Tornado eGo-C E.Cig Full Kit - Black

It comes with me whereever I go. The orange tic tac, grape, cherry, honeydew melon and menthol are all I have tried so far. I love them all.

Its really easy to refil the cartridges and there are two cigarettes in the pack so you can always have a different flavour instantly if you get sick of one flavour !

I cant imagine how much money I have saved, in fact if I work it out in my head now I would estimate it to be around £150...as I wasnt a heavy smoker.

There is a referral scheme so if you call up and mention me and my address I can get you 15% off and me £10 credit. At the minute they have a yoyo price deal on but I dont think it works with the referral so up to you which you decide to do ;)

Buy it, any questions just ask away. I'm over the moon with how easy it has been....

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bugs183

I'm a non smoker, for two reasons, i physically can't smoke, but mainly i just couldn't understand why anyone would even bother starting! It's just tge most rubbish vice you can have!
Yet i miss smoking in pubs! It made boozers what they are in my opinion, and i it does make me laugh listening to ex smokers moaning about others smoking.
i've known a few people give up and the way most seemed to do it was by not saying they are going to stop or count the days they've not had a ***, they just saw 'i'm not smoking today', it really does seem to work from what i've seen.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a non smoker, for two reasons, i physically can't smoke, but mainly i just couldn't understand why anyone would even bother starting! It's just tge most rubbish vice you can have!
Yet i miss smoking in pubs! It made boozers what they are in my opinion, and i it does make me laugh listening to ex smokers moaning about others smoking.
i've known a few people give up and the way most seemed to do it was by not saying they are going to stop or count the days they've not had a ***, they just saw 'i'm not smoking today', it really does seem to work from what i've seen.

Young people these days shouldn't start smoking if they had any sense but they do, I put it down to smoking when drinking. It goes together so well!!!! Christ there is even songs about them!!!!

my mother in the other hand was of the generation where the tobacco companies claimed it to be good for you and would help you stay slim! So any children of the 70's can be excused and also this generation as they will have grown up seeing their parents smoke which they interpret to be ok if they do!

I stopped because I wanted to so much, I also couldn't handle the other aids, champix gave me so many side effects I nearly collapsed, the patches crazy dreams!

everyone secretly wants to stop I think but the addiction is so strong it wins 90% of the time

I stopped in 2000 , was a 30 day man by then. As others have said you really have to WANT to stop in my opinion.
Reasons to stop:
1. Family
2. Health
3. Wealth
4. You stink etc etc.

Best thing I did tbh and wish I'd never started , but hindsight as they say.......

Here's an incentive for those in there 30's , **** are about £7 at the mo?
So thats around £200 a month. Tuck that away each month until you retire and you'll have

@ 4% = £138k
@ 5% = £166k
@ 6% = £200k
@ 7% = £243k

etc....

Cheers

Diggy

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Any smokers in the forum ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

T
Hello everyone, My name is Tony. I am a professional tiling contractor, my company is TML...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
T
So.... Signed up to the forum, looked at loads of threads (found the one about poor workmanship...
Replies
Views
Thought it'd be cool to see how our old moderators are doing and where they are and what they're...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
Well a tunz thread used to be a hit in the day..lol.. So lets start another .... Simply go to...
Replies
Views
One Day
O
tilersforums.com is 10 years old on April 2nd 2016. Here's the first thread on the forum from...
Replies
Views
The D
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.