Discuss Any thing's planned in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Have to say Dave for somebody that should know this forum inside out and stood up for it over the years I'm very surprised at your constant little snide remarks since you are no longer admin.

Shame really

Tongue in cheek remark Rob... it was a joke behind closed doors that Dan is lapsy daisy ,,, should have said to stop another post getting reported hey ?

C

Colour Republic

If that was the case Dave then why preface your comment with 'When I was admin' as if things were different?

You've made a number of comments recently that I’ve thought were below the belt, nothing too outrageous but certainly in my view I've thought they were unnecessary and certainly you wouldn't have made them whilst you were admin, so yes I have thought about it and so I did stop 'to think' before I’ve posted. If it is an on-going joke behind the scenes then I make no apology for reading it the wrong way, maybe then I’ve read some of your other comments the wrong way, you tell me.

I've no desire to get in to a public slagging match with you about who said what but I thought it would be silly of me not to mention it.

With regards to your wife, yes I was aware of her illness and I truly feel for you all, as somebody that has lost very close family to horrible diseases I wouldn't wish that pain and suffering on my worst enemy but that is besides the point of what I’m saying.

D

DHTiling

You are entitled to think what you think is being posted , like i have said and so has Dan .. what is posted on here is read and taken differently by each member and if you as a member has taken anything posted by myself to heart etc then i apologise but it was not my intent to do so..

I spent over 5 yrs giving 24 / 7 to this forum and if i did not upset any given member , then i was not doing the admin job justice lol ..

Rob,, i only post remarks that are meant to be a joke or tongue in cheek.. you guys do not get to see behind doors stuff and if you or others think that i over step the mark , then i am 100% sure you will hit the report tab...

I do not set out to upset you or any other member but if you are of the nature that gets upset easily then i cannot please all.

C

Colour Republic

You are entitled to think what you think is being posted , like i have said and so has Dan .. what is posted on here is read and taken differently by each member and if you as a member has taken anything posted by myself to heart etc then i apologise but it was not my intent to do so..

I spent over 5 yrs giving 24 / 7 to this forum and if i did not upset any given member , then i was not doing the admin job justice lol ..

Rob,, i only post remarks that are meant to be a joke or tongue in cheek.. you guys do not get to see behind doors stuff and if you or others think that i over step the mark , then i am 100% sure you will hit the report tab...

I do not set out to upset you or any other member but if you are of the nature that gets upset easily then i cannot please all.

I haven't taken anything you've posted to heart as it hasn't affected me or been about me, so how could it.

If i've read your posts wrong because there have been some in-house joke that I didn't know about, then i'm sure others have too which is a shame if you didn't mean them in that way.

BTW that's twice you've mentioned about 'reporting posts' in reply to me, maybe i'm paranoid but are you saying i've reported your posts in the past? To my knowledge I never have, instead i'd say something like I have above.

If I have got it all wrong then I apologise but it is something that i've thought for a little while so maybe it needs to be made a little clearer.

Anyway off to bed now, so if I don't reply it's because of that! ;)

D

Dougs Third Go

269229_425164957560731_615737865_n.jpg

getting these decals via Vizsla forum,,cool I think.

B

Bubblecraft

There pretty smart Doug. I've had loads of goodies from other forums & when I was a mod on Clan Japan, I arranged t-shirts, tax disc holders & stickers. They were a big hit!

I'd be interested from any goodies on here. Should we make a poll to see who would be interested in what just to give us an idea of interest?

Items such as:

T-shirts
Pens
Joiners pencils
Note pads
Stickers
Tax disc holders
Keyring's

Etc

I

Ian

The problem is finding someone who has the time to organise all this sort of stuff, it's all very time consuming. Even if all the merchandise was ordered, there's still the job of sorting out payments, then posting it all out. Most of us work full time and wouldn't have that sort of spare time in the evenings/weekend. The only way to do it properly would be to pay someone to do it, I'd imagine it'd take up a couple of days a week sorting out all the merchandise, payments and posting of it all on such a big forum like this.

A

Alan M

over on a different tool forum. one of the moderaters organised a group buy of festool systainers. they were a one off colour with the forum logo on them.
they were very popular. even thow they were more expensive then normal ones but they were limited edition and unique.
iv got one and love it
it is a great thing to bring members together.

there is an awfull lot of work and you would want nothing else to do .
the organising ,scourcing,schedualling,quality control,shipping, packaging,invoicing ect is a night mare.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

The problem is finding someone who has the time to organise all this sort of stuff, it's all very time consuming. Even if all the merchandise was ordered, there's still the job of sorting out payments, then posting it all out. Most of us work full time and wouldn't have that sort of spare time in the evenings/weekend. The only way to do it properly would be to pay someone to do it, I'd imagine it'd take up a couple of days a week sorting out all the merchandise, payments and posting of it all on such a big forum like this.
How many people on this forum then Bri ? some -times i look and the posts don't change much ! 20 -25 regulars !!..........

A

Aston

ive got an idea?
why doesnt tilersforums set up a charity page??. like one of those sponsor me pages. you could do your bit for whatever charity you are raising money for but log on through the tilersforums my charity site and post up what you are doing and who you are raising money for ie cancer research, ms, alzheimers whatever...so, you do the charity work but the tilersforum charity site presents it? a bit like job of the month but its highlighting your fund raising through a dedicated page on this site?

Reply to Any thing's planned in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. Have a tiler coming in to do my floor tiles but don't think he's done a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB