UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Anybody else hate fixing BnQ tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

B&Q tiles....
Just done a bathroom ( well Little John has) using 250x200mm bumpy white wall tiles at £9-00 mt and 330x330mm Black slate effect floor tiles at £7-00 mt.
He used the floor tiles up the walls in a 1 tile wide vertical centre panel edged with a cube of stone mosaic. Altogether there was 3 panels, behind the basin, behind the w.c., and over the bath end as a feature on the shower wall.
The tiles cost a total of approx £180-00 for 20mts and when grouted with white for the wall tiles and charcoal for the floor tiles (including those as panels) the job was Stunning!
The boxes of wall tles have to be checked for breakages and shade numbers, and the floor tiles are all different sizes. But for the price you pay for this material you have to learn how to fix it professionally.
When the clients plumber fits the rest of the suite I'll get a photo to put in his album!:thumbsup:
You get what you pay for - and you have to make a good job of what you work with.
If all tiles were perfect the customer would do the jobs themselves!:thumbsdown:

Timeless John.

D

djr tiling

am doing a 20m2 floor at mo and they vary 5mm in the same box :yikes:

£6 m2 from b&q :mad2:

spoke to the customer and insisted on doing it half bond and am measuring for 2 tiles at each end of the line of tiles and snapping a chalk line through and doing it free hand :dizzy2:

doesnt look bad if i say so myself :thumbsup:

but the b&q wall tiles i used were all cuped witch was intresting just got to make the best job you can :ban:

D

dagger

I must be the only tiler that has never fixed them:thumbsup:
Really, OH MY GOSH.. YOU NEVER FORGET YOUR FIRST!

have wedges, 2mm,3mm,and 4mm spacers at the ready!!!!

Doug you must get all the posh jobs!

and i started of with 2mm spacers as usual, i will reccommend min start 4mm, and then the problems i have had will be a lot easier!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Anybody else hate fixing BnQ tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there I ordered 160sqm of 90cm x 90cms of matching Large Format Porcelain tiles. 105sqm for...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
I had my bathroom done in September and my floor tiles have movement in them and the grout is...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum and I'm looking for your experts' advice in a situation...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I could do with some advise if anyone would kindly help me. first of all, I’m not a...
Replies
Views
Edd The Tiler
E

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.