Discuss Anyone for work in Amsterdam? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

borgie

i worked in germany a few times in the early 90's this work was always through dutch agancies. all jobs went well and we got paid on time, but one, we traveled, with caravan to some mountain to tile a hospital, to find another gang of brits had got there before us and we we offered all the **** work. ended up coming back empty handed. got turned over once by some brit lads who nicked all our tools of site, after we had hidden them in our rubish pile. wasn't so bad as we could buy good new tools in germany like washboys, which we had never seen before and changed the way we grout foever. it was great coming back to the uk and showing other tiler what you can do with a washboy. we were getting about 13-15 euros a m2, but massive areas.

G

Gall.B

borgie;4964 wasn't so bad as we could buy good new tools in germany like washboys said:
Wolud be the original and best washboys 2, remmember my uncle showing me his lockboy and being amazed with it! worked for a German firm 2 years ago and the German fixers were usin cutters that looked liked Skateboards, kept borrowing our tools even gaught one cutting expansion joint with my dewalt grinder witha shiny microfine blade on it.

Reply to Anyone for work in Amsterdam? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I had an en-suite tiled in July 2017, we noticed a leak in the hallway in December...
Replies
Views
Tamworth based Instarmac Group plc are delighted to have been officially named as a ‘Great Place...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Somerset

Thread Information

Title
Anyone for work in Amsterdam?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.