Discuss Anyone having probs with the forum and chrome browser...? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

I have been having probs with google chrome for a while now but it is only with this forum..

The probs are ..

1 : when loading new post or going from post to post i get error chrome could not find ....... then it links to the said post i tried to look at.. i have to load the forum to get it back.

2: Submitting a reply to a post.. i get a long load then it goes to error chrome could not ( As above^^ ) or does not load the reply.. or it loads it twice as it has just done to the website thread.

I have uninstalled chrome and then re-installed and i am still getting the same probs... so thought i would see if others are getting these issues as it might be a forum prob with this browser..?

I will copy this before i post so i don't lose it if chrome does not load the reply :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

It worked :):):)

D

DHTiling

This just happening when loading who is online.

uma7uja4.jpg

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Okay I'll check this out, but not right now. Could do with getting the problem myself so I can check too.

If it's traffic/server related, you'd get an error page that says in it "light speed error message". So it's not that. Might be some custom code I've not done right. Will debug and troubleshoot over the weekend or next week.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Those with the issue, do me a favour, change your style to "Stock-Style" for me and run it and see if that has the issue.

For those that don't know how to change the style, it's the drop-down box in the bottom right corner of all pages.

It'll be a blue coloured style.

if it does it in that too, I suspect it isn't forum-related but perhaps browser related (version-wise).

So if you do know your browser versions, let me know those too please, let's see if we can get a matching version or something going on.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Could always be a problem with the latest version. If it's relatively new that is. If that IS the case, I can see what it is that's different in the new version, and then figure out which parts of the forum use that part.

Firefox and Chrome are very similar. Their plugins work on both. So I can see this being an issue related to Ajax, Javascript, HTML, etc etc. So I could do with finding a matching version common with the problem to debug that, if it is that.

Do you know when this started for you?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Wondering if its the tagging thing then. I've noticed a few double posts since then. Trouble is I can't test and check things now as the server is so busy and database is being written to and read dozens of times a second. Would need to shut the forums down and that'd lose all traffic for tonight. Not prepared to do that. Leave it with me and keep reporting in here any weird things that go on.

D

DHTiling

Wondering if its the tagging thing then. I've noticed a few double posts since then. Trouble is I can't test and check things now as the server is so busy and database is being written to and read dozens of times a second. Would need to shut the forums down and that'd lose all traffic for tonight. Not prepared to do that. Leave it with me and keep reporting in here any weird things that go on.

This has been happening for weeks for me.. so not the new tagging thing IMO..

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Right i have flicked about like a mad man and it is not happening in this stock style.. quicker than it has been for a long time.. will try some more.. BRB.

It'll be when you quote people in threads and reply to threads etc more so that browse. When you get a problem browsing it'll be because somebody else has just had a problem posting I think.

Reply to Anyone having probs with the forum and chrome browser...? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

UK Tiling Forum Welcome to the UK Tiling Forum. Here at TilersForums.com we have hosted a place...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Recently (finally!) wrapped up our bathroom so just here to say a big thanks to the advice...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB