Discuss Anyone having probs with the forum and chrome browser...? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Just had thus happen if it helps.

a7uregy6.jpg

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Okay. Now I've enabled just the few modifications we need to run like normal.

See if it breaks now on us. I'll leave it like this for a few hours. Things like the thanks, user tagging, global side-bar, facebook integration etc etc is all disabled still so this is as near as stock as I'd run it long-term. Let's see if it does it now.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'm thinking its a routing cache of some form then. What ISP are you using these days? I'm thinking their green box thing (forget the name of the damn things all the time) at the end of the road or whatever has caught a dodgy cache now. When the problem is there, it's there a lot. You wouldn't get it intermittent to the point of it happening twice over hours compared to every few posts beforehand.

I've got it logged with the server management firm who will check it over properly tomorrow.

Though I've disabled a lot of features on here, we should be running awesomely quick now with no lag or double posting etc, and certainly not any 'database errors' (which aren't actually database errors but the software can't define issues well to be honest).

D

DHTiling

Another thing for some to try is flushing your DNS cache...

If windows XP then in the "RUN" , type ipconfig /flushdns then hit enter... try now..

If Windows 7 , Then in the search ( in start menu) type Command prompt, then right click and select Run as Administrator , then when the box pops up type ipconfig /flushdns , then try now..

See how that goes.. i forgot about flushing my DNS cache and this is working for me so far... there are 3 caches to clear on windows 7 but the DNS is the one that can cause internet probs.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
It was fixed 9 minutes ago mate. That's from 2 hours ago.

Though see if you can spot anything from about now.

Was an issue with a database table and some hanging contributions to the database that caused slow posting of posts, which when you clicked "post message" again it'd put two in the queue for the database (if you clicked it a load of times it'd queue them all up instead of rejecting them).

Reply to Anyone having probs with the forum and chrome browser...? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

UK Tiling Forum Welcome to the UK Tiling Forum. Here at TilersForums.com we have hosted a place...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Recently (finally!) wrapped up our bathroom so just here to say a big thanks to the advice...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB