Discuss Anyone tiled on external brickwork ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tony Cooper

Hi There folks,

Just had a customer on the phone who is moving into an apartment that has a veranda with brick walls about 1.2m high on three sides and a concrete floor with a drain in the corner. They have asked me to visit and price up tiling the three walls and floor with a porcelain tile and mosaic border.

It's a relatively new build so the brickwork should be sound, but I'm unsure if it would be ok to tile straight on to with it being outside because if any water gets inside (hole in the grout etc) and it freezes it could blow the tiles, same with the floor.

What's the best solution for tiling onto brickwork/cement on outside areas ? will the whole area need tanking to be on the safe side?

Cheers, in advance,

Tony

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Anyone tiled on external brickwork ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posted a couple of times for advice a few weeks back, the outcome of which was to scrap my plan...
Replies
Views
We are currently getting our whole house refurbished. The standard of the work as been very high...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB