Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Anyone tried this type of cutter? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

S

stefanm

Hi, just wandering if anyone has tried this type of tile cutter,
Tilerite>Tile Cutters>900mm Professional Tile Cutter

This is a China made cutter, wandering if they are any good?

The reason being is I need to have at least 4 manual cutters, 2 to cut upto 1200mm and 2 smaller ones, buying Montolit or Rubi at the moment is out of my range of finances, this cutter is approximatly $80 from the manufacturer, a copy based on the Ishii AT range, I have been in contact with a few other manufacturers in China, most cutters are based on Ishii and some based on Tomecanic. Some videos are available such as this one and the cut looks pretty straight   this is also similar to Ishii AT series and looks tempting to me.

I know you will all say go for a Monti or a Rubi, but I can't go for that sort of investment now as my business is fairly new, plus with the money I save I can get a bridge saw, a stone router with various profile shapes, a spare wet grinder/polisher (already have a Makita) some lithium drills, a couple of small cutters and a few other bits and pieces.

Please give some feedback, the tile the fellow cuts seems to be about 10mm thick and 600x300mm

Cheers,

Stefan

Last edited by a moderator:
S

stefanm

why not get the 1200mm big clinker from topps,around £100 trade i think!

As Sir Ramic stated i live abroad these days, the nearest topps tiles is around 5000 miles away! We just don't have shops that sell tiling tools, it took me a week for find out Rubi sells a few models over here and are very pricey. Plus by sourcing from China I can get a bunch of over tools, like a 1200mm bridge saw, stone router,a couple of 2.8ah li-on drills, a couple of electric cutters, a new type of wall chaser which does more than just cut 2 channels, it removes the material as well and can be connected to a vacuum cleaner and some other bits and pieces which I can't find over here, all for less than 3 grand, the router and bridge saw would cost near the 3 grand mark alone in Europe, so within the economics I have to find reasonable quality, so far I have got most things figured, just can't decide on the manual cutters, I have attached below a picture of the two i am deciding between.

The on that looks like a croos between a Sigma and a Tomecanic can cut up to 20mm thick (for soft marble) and comes with a 5year warranty. This company also manufactures some models for qep/vitrex, this is supposed to be a high end model, which qep don't sell, they have also supplied me a owners model, waiting for a video though.
The other one which is based on an Ishii cutter can cut upto 15mm, i seem to prefer this model, the cutting wheel looks pretty descent also. 2009123116310537.jpg JL_20100609163355161.jpg image005.png

So if you were in my flip flops, what would you choose?

Cheers,

Stefan

Last edited by a moderator:
S

stefanm

The two cutters pictured above are not made by the same guys as the the tile rite makers, they would be a lot more expensive and the second one is targeted at the Chinese and South east Asia markets and is based on the higher end Ishii model called AT or AK range, I can't find much info on these Ishhi models in English and google translate gives only a jist of what they are saying, the first one is also targeted at the same markets and is made by the same company who makes some products for QEP/Vitrex and is a higher model than what they make for them, I did manage to get the video of the 2nd model today, it looked fairly good cutting a polished vitrified/porcelain tile of at least 10mm thickness, the end of the video was showing it cutting a much thicker tile, may have been marble, but haven't downloaded the full video as yet, should hopefuly get it tomorrow. I am getting them at a good price, but by time I have them shipped and import duty etc, the cost becomes almost doubles, if they perform well then i'm happy, if they are just ok, then they will be of some use and I will invest in Montolit, I am hopeful they will perform to a good ability and both have looked good in the videos, if I can afford it at the time I may make a trip to China to check them out. Please understand that due to my current location and being a new business, splashing out on expensive European machines is not really feasible as yet, I am sure I will end up with a few Montolit cutters sooner or later.

Cheers,

Stefan

Reply to Anyone tried this type of cutter? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, After some advice. I don't do loads of tiling but do a few bathrooms here and there...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views
Hi Gents, I've got two cutters, a TS-40 and a TS-60, along with a wet saw. However I'm finding...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum but tiled a few DIY jobs for friends and family over the years. Can anyone...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Anyone tried this type of cutter?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%