Discuss Anyonje else get these spam emails? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Somerset
I have received 3 of these in last couple of months. Anyone else had this problem?

(As a matter of course I dont respond).

Hi,

My name is Georgia Clark, Web Marketing Consultant. Ive greatly enjoyed looking through your site and I was wondering if you'd be interested in exchanging links with my website, which has a related subject. I can offer you a home page link back from 4 of my related websites all in google cache and backlinks which are:

stcwestcoast(dot)com PR5
youthandfamilyinstitute(dot)net
chautauqualakesnowmobileclub(dot)com
powerlinedimming(dot)com

If you are interested, please send me the following details of your site:

TITLE:
URL:

I'll add your link as soon as possible, in the next 24 hours. As soon as it's ready, I'll send you a confirmation email along with the information (TITLE and URL) regarding my site to be placed at yours.

I hope you have a nice day and thank you for your time.

Kindest regards,

G

Gazzer

I had this one yesterday or day before.
Dear Sir/Madam, My name is Adam. I am the webmaster and web marketing manager at aussiehandymanservice.co.uk. I've greatly enjoyed looking through your site NP Tiling - Welcome and I was wondering if you'd be interested in exchanging links with aussiehandymanservice.co.uk. If you are interested, please send me the following details of your site: URL: TITLE: DESCRIPTION: I'll add your link here Handyman Services Putney in the next 24 hours. As soon as it's ready, I'll send you a confirmation email along with the information (TITLE, URL and DESCRIPTION) regarding my website to be placed at yours. If you are not the webmaster please forward this email to the person in charge. Hope to hear from you soon. Best Regards, Adam Williams Online Marketing Manager

here is a mesage to Adam....If you had read my website you would know my piggin name ...its not Sir or Madam...!

D

DHTiling

One i got today.. :lol: oh ye i thought..

Hello Davidhowetiling

We've got a late ad cancellation in an issue of the Independent Magazine which means that I can offer an exceptionally low rate to fill a final ad slot.

The rate is just £199 and for that you'll reach 601,000 young, urban professionals who are extremely net savvy - it's a tempting prospect:
· Publication: The Independent Magazine
· Readership: 601,000
· Ad Size: Single panel
· Publication date: 5th March
· Offer: £199 (reduced from rate card of £625)

The Independent Magazine has the longest shelf life of all colour supplements. We love the magazine for its sheer class; with it's a glossy feel and quality content it will sit happily all week on the smartest coffee tables!

You won't find a better place to achieve those things than the Independent Magazine: Web Windows is one of their biggest fans. We've had ten years' dealings with them and would be hard pressed to find an advertising medium which comes close to the quality of audience or the excellent response that it generates.

Are you interested?

Best regards,

Matthew Vines
01780 754467
www.webwindows.co.uk

H

hillhead

I had a guy from flowjob ring me last week wanting me to sign up with them,
when someone wants a tiling job the mail me to quote for it,lol.
The customers rate me etc but i thought this was a catch as usual.
He said the cost was £700 but his boss was offering it at £150 as they had a big propert company coming onboard with loads of houses needing repairs,lol.
I told him to ring me back on monday(gave me time to check it out).
He left a voicemail on friday(cheeky sod) offering it at £100 !!:lol:
Some hope.
And no phone call this week.

S

SandyFloor

A few years ago the thing being pushed via call centres at the time was subscribing to trade sites. Usually they started with some guy having all these inquiries and needing people to pass them on to. One guy called me and I was slightly short with him and hung up. He called back a minute later wondering why I hung up as he wanted a quote to tile his father's bathroom. I was really apologetic and explained I had been pestered with sales calls. He said it wasn't a problem and gave me his father's address and arranged for me to go there at 6.30. When I turned up at 6.30 it was the house of another tiler who had also hung up on him :lol: It was also his number he'd given me.

A

Aston

I had this one yesterday or day before.
Dear Sir/Madam, My name is Adam. I am the webmaster and web marketing manager at aussiehandymanservice.co.uk. I've greatly enjoyed looking through your site NP Tiling - Welcome and I was wondering if you'd be interested in exchanging links with aussiehandymanservice.co.uk. If you are interested, please send me the following details of your site: URL: TITLE: DESCRIPTION: I'll add your link here Handyman Services Putney in the next 24 hours. As soon as it's ready, I'll send you a confirmation email along with the information (TITLE, URL and DESCRIPTION) regarding my website to be placed at yours. If you are not the webmaster please forward this email to the person in charge. Hope to hear from you soon. Best Regards, Adam Williams Online Marketing Manager

here is a mesage to Adam....If you had read my website you would know my piggin name ...its not Sir or Madam...!

neale,
i got that exact same email yesterday!

C

Colour Republic

Those type of emails are not really spam as they are offering backlinks, I get a fair few but most are like above which are sent by the webdesigners of the site and part of the deal is they get their customers x amount of backlinks.

It's a 2 way street but more oftern than not the links they are offering are from sites that are only very loosely connected to yours.

The only email i've had in this vein that i've taken them up on is one from ironmongerydirect.co.uk which has a high domain authority and page authority. The quality of back links is worth more than the quantity.

If you want a rough idea on a websites worth then sign up for a free account at seomoz.org and download their SEO tool bar plugin for firefox. Each website you visit it will give you details about how respected it is. This will give you some idea if a backlink from one of these sites is worth it on not

C

Colour Republic

Of course they are spam, they searched the net for your details and then spammed you for work or whatever it is,,:)

it is spam by definition but they are offering to do something for you in return for you doing something for them. It's a bit like me PM'ing you and saying "hey Dave i'll put a link on my website if you put a link on yours" Ok slightly different because I know you but the deal is still the same as these guys are offering.

The email you posted is outright spam as they are trying to sell you something (advertising) where as these guys aren't asking for any money just the simple exchange of links. You might get the odd one which is worth doing (like my example on ironmongerydirect above) but most are just crap links.

I have thought about sending out these sort of emails myself but would fully check out the websites first to make sure it would be something I would like to link to and is relevent, i'd also send out a personal email not a generic one filling out the blanks.

Google will also track your outgoing links from your website and give you bonus points as it were for linking to other quality sites.

If you must put a link on your website in order to get one back but which you think is rubbish, then put it on a page that is "noindex,nofollow" so google can't see it

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Anyonje else get these spam emails? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

We have been hit by hundreds of spam accounts that are somehow passing the human anti-spam...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
I've created a new directory page thing. Professional Wall and Floor Tilers Get listed on it...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
D
Ok, so i've been looking into creating a website, as we all know, how important our presence...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Somerset

Thread Information

Title
Anyonje else get these spam emails?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.