Discuss Appreciate some advise . in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

frigiliana

IMG00856-20141001-1234.jpg IMG00853-20141001-1233.jpg IMG00857-20141001-1235.jpg
Been stripping of the walls in my bathroom , top half has been emulsioned which i'm in the process of sanding, being a bit tricky as they plastered where two sheets meet and left the rest bare so having to go slow , bottom half has been tiled straight onto plasterboard and as you can see i'm pulling of the paper taking the tiles of just wondered if i should carry on sanding top part and patch up lower bits or get the lot skimmed ?
Cheers Dave

F

frigiliana

Thanks for your help , one problem is the internal walls are Paramout Board walls the type with two sheets of plasterboard sandwiched with honeycomb cardboard , these flats were built about 30yrs ago so i was hoping for a less drastic solution i do appreciate that a rip out is the best but do you guys have an alternative ? It is a full re-tile with Tilemaster Tanking round the bath/shower , tiles are 25cm x 40cm , 7mm thick ceramic , going to use Tilemaster Standard Set Extrabond and Tilemaster 3000 Grout .

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Appreciate some advise . in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi I've had a leak from the shower to the room below. I thought it was likely the silicone seal...
Replies
Views
I'm toying around with some of the colours around the site to make it easier to read and keep...
Replies
Views
Hi Tilers, this is my first question on this forum and I've got a few different areas to cover...
Replies
Views
E
So I'm having trouble with a customer relating to grout (Bal Micromax) I have tiled 70 sq...
2 3 4
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB