Guest viewing is limited

Discuss apprentice in essex in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Daz

Lewis, it is great that you have the enthusiasm and desire to look for an opportunity. I'd love to help but just don't have the right workflow that I could confidently commit to assist.

Being honest with you, I feel that you need to start knocking on the doors of larger tiling contractors where you will start on the bottom rung but at least get experience and an opportunity to learn.

You have the desire, you have the confidence to ask for work so I'm sure you will unearth something soon. Do a search for local tiling contractors and phone them. Ask for the name of the Managing Director before stating the reason for your call, then ask to speak with him / her. Remember, ask for the name first! You will probably be put through to a supervisor but at least you now have the name for the next time that you call.

My advice is to always use the phone as letters and emails are too easy to ignore or forget about. Your objectives when you call are to secure an interview, nothing more. When you have the interview, that's your chance to sell yourself, your enthusiasm and desire to become a top quality professional tiler.

Good luck, we all look forward to hearing about your progress.

Daz

Reply to apprentice in essex in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
apprentice in essex
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.