UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss arched tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

redlion_uk

Hi all,

I bought some rectangular porcelain tiles which have been laid and grouted in a brick style pattern.

I first thought the tiler had done a poor job but upon examining them it appears the are slightly arched!! so the centre of the tiles are slightly raised. Could this be a manufacturing fault or are tiles made in this way??? help please so I know who to blame.

Best Regards,

Bil

R

redlion_uk

tiles.jpg

The lippage on some points is about 4-5 mm high! 2.5mm spacers used. Is there anything I can do to make it less noticable? We used ivory grout so shadows stand out, perhaps a darker colour?

T

Time's Ran Out

I don't agree that it is solely the tilers responsibility as he didn't purchase the materials and as you were not present during the installation, he has done the job as instructed - in the brickbond design.
We are not made aware if these tiles were cheap manufactured/end of line seconds/or expensive Italian porcelain, so to proportion blame is incorrect IMHO.
I have been asked to fix roof tiles to walls for 'Arty/craft' type customers at a North East Exhibition Centre many years ago, and as it is the customers choice - they are always right!

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
Too many customers are buying the super deals from the sheds nowadays, without thought for the poor guy/gal who is going to lay them. We can advise till we are blue in the face..............but the customer knows best :yikes:

We work with wot we are given, and at the end of the day, if customers want it this way or that............we do it.

Not sure if any advice was offered in this case, but I stand by the above statement.

Reply to arched tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi there I’m new to Tile Forum and joined to get professional opinions because I really need...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
arched tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.