UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss arched tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

redlion_uk

tiles2.jpg tiles3.jpg tiles4.jpg

Yes I realised that the edges don't have any adhesive under them. But the Mrs assured me that she watched him spread a generous amount of adhesive under all the other tiles. I told her to watch out for that as i know what happens if it is dabbed.

I

IvegotsTILE

I've come across this many times and alot of the times it hasn't mattered if they are from Wickes or if they are a decent brand. When tge tiles are often 600x300 they bow. Whenever I see these tiles I always check them and inform the customer I'm not willing to lay them brickbond. I do find it unfair to always blame the tiler though when he hasn't bought the the tiles,if I didn't lay tiles everytime I found fault with them I would loose alot of days.

what are your standards for tile lippage tolerances? for example we have 1 to 2 mm lippage tolerance depending on whether they are unpolished or polished/glazed. have you paid him? if he wasnt able to meet the standards set out for the industry then he should have contacted you and discussed the problem with you. blaming the tile for sub standard workmanship is not acceptable imo.but if he has layed them to the local standards of tile lippage then hes done what he could. although on some of those tiles i dont think Bubba could match those lips :lol:

S

sstilingservice

Just read through this and thought I'd add my thought's / concern's. Whenever I work with cheap shed tiles @ a super discount their is normally always something wrong either out of shape different size tiles or bowed tiles. And every single time i've pointed this out to my customers they look at ME as if I'm making excuses befor I even start tiling !!! And not once has any of my customers EVER taken the tiles back to change them for a more superior more exspensive tile. Yes I do feel that the tiler should have pointed this out but the prosess of choseing tiles can take a looooooong time the likely hood of any customer being willing to pay the tiler for his lost day/days while he waits for a new batch of tiles is highly unlikely and as most of us are self employed sometimes you can only make the best of what you have to work with. I hope all works out for all partys involved as I can imagine that the tiler feels upset your not 100 % happy with the finished product.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to arched tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi there I’m new to Tile Forum and joined to get professional opinions because I really need...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
arched tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.