Search the forum,

Discuss Ardex products: the good, the bad and the ugly. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi guys, haven't been around much lately, been busy with new job at tile warehouse nz.
Yesterday we had a rep from Ardex come in and started talking to us about their products. The manager and I looked at each other, both without a clue about what he was on about. It turns out that Ardex had won the contract to supply our stores nationwide. It's unofficial yet but I'm sure head office will let us know soon.
We don't really have much of their product in the north island but I was aware of their reputation from you guys in UK.
So... Tell me if you would. Just how good are they. If at all?
How have you found their products to be like?
What is their best, etc?
Our trade clientele isn't how I would like so I am keen to know what would be best for the guys over here and get some decent gear into their vans for a change.

nybor62

TF
rotherham
all ardex products are top quality imo, shame its not widely available were i live , as it would be my first choice, there grouts imo are the best

as for self leveling arditex na is brilliant , never had a prob with any of there adhesives

as for price a pal of mine uses it all the time and says he gets it as cheap as weber or mapei , from REED HARRIS

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
manchester
all ardex products are top quality imo, shame its not widely available were i live , as it would be my first choice, there grouts imo are the best

as for self leveling arditex na is brilliant , never had a prob with any of there adhesives

as for price a pal of mine uses it all the time and says he gets it as cheap as weber or mapei , from REED HARRIS

I agree with Nybor Arditex NA is the dogs dangles!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
BAL is a very trusted and known brand, great product but pricey.
BAL also make Dunlop as a budget range and Ardex as their top of the line stuff so Ardex is very good.
My local CTD are about to start pushing the Ardex at some amazing prices but this will be at the expense of my beloved Weber as there has been a little friction between my local CTD and Weber of late.

Thanks for all your replies everyone. I will be at least forearmed with a bit of user experience when we get the reps in for the big presentation. The primers sound really good and the Ardex 51and 82 seem to cover all bases.
Also the k15 leveler sounds like something I would like to have stocked. If only we could get some of the tilers to do a bit more prep.
As a sales consultant and tiler I really get sick of hearing. "our tiler said we should have small tiles"
I always ask them if he is buying the place from them.
It only takes a couple of hours to get a floor right when you have the right tools, materials and of course attitude.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

T

Time's Ran Out

BAL is a very trusted and known brand, great product but pricey.
BAL also make Dunlop as a budget range and Ardex as their top of the line stuff so Ardex is very good.
My local CTD are about to start pushing the Ardex at some amazing prices but this will be at the expense of my beloved Weber as there has been a little friction between my local CTD and Weber of late.

They are both part of StGobain so they will always be as one!

Ardex is one of the best adhesives I've ever used and I can still remember buying a bag of X7 and bottle of Ardion 90 for £35-00 20years ago and now you can buy a bag of fast set flexible adhesive for £12-00! - Now that is progress.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

They are both part of StGobain so they will always be as one!

Ardex is one of the best adhesives I've ever used and I can still remember buying a bag of X7 and bottle of Ardion 90 for £35-00 20years ago and now you can buy a bag of fast set flexible adhesive for £12-00! - Now that is progress.
yes those where the days one stciky one adertive stick any think prime any think no failures how we have moved forward:mad2:

Reply to Ardex products: the good, the bad and the ugly. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.