Discuss Are These Heather Brown Tiles? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Hey guys,
Just a quick thing hopefully.
Am I right in thinking these are Dennis Ruabon Heather Brown RE's?
Thanks everyone.

@Paul C. can u source these by any chance?
I need half a dozen, cheers!
Marc.

image.jpeg

T

Tile Shop

Nope...... Going by the chamfer on the edge, looks more like the Daniel Platts Crown Autumn Blend.

Platts went down the pan about 12 years ago so no hope in getting the same now. Ruabon also closed down but looks like they have re-opened. So your closest match is going to be the Ruabon Flame.

http://ruabonsales.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Quarry-Tile-Shade-Range.pdf

We don't deal with them anymore, so now we only stock the Gres Aragon, but they are naff in comparison.

***update*** got a load of old platts stock in the yard of one of the showrooms. I've asked them to have a look to see if there is anything of any use. will keep you posted :)

O

Old Mod

I have news.... None of the 12mm in stock. But if you have any way of grinding down an 18mm or diggin out a bit of the step and cutting a profile to slot over the vertical tile, you may be in luck.

Got on of the guys popping up this arvo, so will get a piccy and post it up later today.
Ur a gent Paul, thank you.
Will spk with client in mean time.
Thanks again for your help!

O

Old Mod

No don't be deflated Paul! Haha think u done excellent myself!
I asked for them to check again and half a dozen were found at the back of a janitors cupboard, the box has almost turned to dust haha
Clients out apparently, not sure when he's back!
Yeah I found Marley on line and obviously see that they're roofing only now!
So I might be reducing them to 12mm yet, cos there's certainly no RE's in the box!
It's outside a couple of grand old buildings in west London so they're gonna want as close a match as poss.
So who knows to what length I'm gonna have to go to to try match them!:D
This is the street!

image.jpeg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Are These Heather Brown Tiles? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

hi lads, I hope you could help me out. Basically I am plumber myself and I inspected a job...
Replies
Views
O
Hey guys, So I got this terrace to tile and grout, thankfully only 3.2m X 900mm in these tiles...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
O
More quality today from Johnsons!......Zeppelin Silver 500mmx200mm. While I was upstairs trying...
Replies
Views
T
Not a question, but a suprising observation of an illusion! My next task has been to come up...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
Hi guys, After a little advice (more of a conformation I'm on the right tracks!) regarding the...
Replies
Views
White Room
W

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB