UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss are you the sort of tiler...... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Price agreed with customer on the quote is what I invoice them unless there is additional work. I always put on my installation notes that there may be damage to walls on tile removal etc that will need to be repaired to a satisfactory condition to tile to and an additional charge will be made for materials and labour. Works for me.

B

bugs183

Excel has transformed my business, its an amazing tool, god know how much money has slipped through my fingers because of my duff quoting!!!!
It adds everything thing up properly and takes away that feeling when your quoting that you should be doing your customer a favour as it seems a bit expensive.
Anyway as above i charge my standard rates, and agree this with the customer, with the proviso that if they add extras then it is an extra. 99% of customers are happy with that.

M

Mike Mike

that tells your customer the price you will charge for a job, or are you told the rate at which you may charge,
think about it , by your prospective employer :thumbsup:

Customers are NOT my "prospective employer". They don't take responsibility for finding me work, for providing sick pay, pension contributions, holiday pay, unemployment benefit when work is scarce, or to provide me with a vehicle and run and maintain it, or the tools necessary to do the work, or PPE, and sundries. They don't take responsibility for sourcing and obtaining materials, and handling invoices, VAT returns, and the other plethora of paperwork that is required when running a business. They don't insure my business, or cover me if I get a call back, or help me if someone is late paying.

They are customers.

They come to me for a service, a transaction, and I tell them what I want to be paid for providing that service, which has to cover allowing me to live, provide for my family, and take care of all the above activities that are over and above just turning up and tiling their bathroom.

If they don't want to pay that price then they can jolly well jog on old chap. :ciappa:

F

Fliselege

Ikke sant Mike, and some customers need to realise this. Had one fella last year telling me as his employee his wish was my command, I threw at him I work to våtroom norm, not Leo's wrong ideas, e.g he only wanted me to støp fall to sjulk in dusj area rest of room pool table flat, not with my name on the job matey, also advised him my wages say Flisemannen A.S on the top, not Leo, was left well alone after that.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to are you the sort of tiler...... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the site and first post. I need some advice please. I have 2 quotes from tilers and...
Replies
Views
I see and hear all to often of the horror stories when someone hires a supposed tiler only to...
Replies
Views
Hello all. We have employed a tiler to do our bathroom and floor tiles. We bought the tiles...
Replies
Views
Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? I know this is a hard...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.