Search the forum,

Discuss Arrrgh! Damp after removing tiles! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

Ozzy

image.jpg Just taken the tiles up on my present job. The floor is damp! I’m guessing that’s put a stop to this job until my customer sorts it. So annoyed!!

O

Ozzy

What's the substrate, what room & what has caused the leak?

Concrete/screed. It’s in the extension which was only done 2 yrs ago. It’s either leaky pipe work or a problem with the dpm. The screed is rubbish anyway, really crumbly so would have had to replace that anyway. I’ve told him to get the original builder in but to let me know what he’s going to do about it as he doesn’t want the same problem happening again. Poor guy, I feel bad for him.

Reply to Arrrgh! Damp after removing tiles! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for tiling.I have removed the floor boards and plan to lay 18mm WBP plywood.The question is, what...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that wall material has been taken off as well, so everything had to be smoothed. After smoothing with some...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this, The property unfortunately flooded throughout. Now although I'm told it's all dry now I'm reluctant...
Replies
Views

Advertisement