Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Asbestos removal,,,, what do we know about it? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikethetile

its the fibres that are dangerous, so if it breaks and you breathe in the dust the fibres lodge in the lung where they stay. as you breathe they cut your lungs causing scarring, also they can cause cancer

so to rip out asbestos you need to be fully suited with proper masks and keep the area wet to keep the dust out of the air, you have to set up tents with extactors where you are ripping out and keep testing the air for contamination

once done you have to go through a shower and leave your overalls in the contaminated side and come out into the clean side to get dressed

the most dangerous asbestos is the blue, followed by white, followed by abestos board , vinyl tiles rtc

D

davy_G

The company should educate you in the dangers of Asbestos. Provide you with the correct PPE to protest yourself and show you how to use, maintain and store it.

If you feel your health or safety is at all in jepordy...walk away.

Asbestos is a silent killer, the fibers you breath in do irreversable damage that will only manifest itself in the future long after the company have the job done.

A reputable company will do it properly or not at all!:thumbsup:

R

Rob Z

Hi Mike, Good luck with this one. You could do some research on the web about how asbestos testing is done, and how asbestos is remediated. Mike gave you a good intro, but there is a lot more to learn about the regulations,methods, etc.

I've been on quite a few jobs where the asbestos contractors came in to do their work and in some cases I wasn't terribly impressed with the workers or the methods they used. I think it's definately an area where someone can gain ground quickly if they put forth the effort to learn and do more than just show up to collect a paycheck.

Go in there with some background knowledge that shows them that you cared enough to learn something first, along with your positive attitude and desire to work, and you should leave there with a job offer.:thumbsup:

Reply to Asbestos removal,,,, what do we know about it? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I
......All this in 3.5 days ? should i quote based on what he expects ? Removal Remove Existing...
Replies
Views
U
Just to be on the safe side i purchased all 20m2 of the wall tiles Wickes had on sale in the...
Replies
Views
went to start a floor today, when i got there the tiles were 400x400 polished porcelain from...
Replies
Views
J.R Tiling
J
W
Although i have been registered for a few months, thought it was about time i made a post and...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
P
Here is my all to common rant of the week before I go on my holiday tomorrow. I am a woman, its...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Asbestos removal,,,, what do we know about it?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.