Discuss Aston Tiling back for good in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

well boys and girls
as of next month i will be back to aston tiling permanently! no more rendering for me, thats it.

after a twist of fate, a broken hand and a big dose of the uk's appaulling weather ive decided that its tiling till i die or at least till i win the lottery :thumbsup:
i know that works tight at the moment for most but at least tilings mostly in doors and even if prices are not what they were, id rather be tiling than watching my mornings work get washed off the side of the gable ive just done lol

so as of next month, its back to finicky customers, the wrong adhesive being bought by the customer, porcelain instead of the quoted ceramic and dodgy prep work done by the builder or the customer (at least i can sort that bit and cut the plasterer out lol

going to be adding bathroom installs and stone patios to the repetoir just to keep the work options open but really looking forward to coming back and the only question is >>>>

RUBI OR SIGMA ..........................here we go ;-)

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

Welcome back ED , don't sell the plastering tools as you can always do a bit if and when the need arises , and you are streets ahead of the average tiler as you can handle your backing/sub straight which gives you more options ,all you need to do now is set mersey side alight :thumbsup: how about working over near cheshire ? i have done a few pools there over the years and there is plenty of money there :smilewinkgrin:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Dave, Ed, and all the plasterers on here. Please take my comments the way they were meant, as a joke, I have nothing but respect for all trades when they are done well. I was fortunate to be taught from an early age how very hard it is to plaster, render, screed to a good standard. I hope I did not come across as being disrespectful to anyone, apart from Sigma users. Let battle commence.:lol:

A

Aston

@ dave dpf, thanks for the kind words dave ;0) you know how much i rate you too mate. i know people dont always get your humour but theres no doubting you are one seriously talented experienced tradesman and when you speak to you, you get the to hear the real dave ;0)

@ phil, in no way did your comments even slightly resemble any disrepect mate..even if they did, i'd take it from you because like dpf, you are as good as they come. anyway, you are a bleedin great screeder and renderer too so you'd be having a go at yourself lol ;0)

A

Aston

Good luck with the future ED, as dpf says, you know your prep work better than 98% of tiliers out there. Will your current van be large enough for for whole bathroom refits, im guessing may be on the tight side?

its ok for now mate. the main thing is to get stuck into the tiling and then sub out the plumbing work for a while but i have my eye on a vw transporter lwb next. the merc vito has been great and hardly cost me a bean so if it aint broke and all that.

A

Aston

Who is Aston Tiling? Just getting used to TF Ed who has been on my friends list for 4 years now - at my age change isn't an easy option! Didn't realise you'd gone anywhere since you came back or did you go somewhere else. Used to have arguments with the old Ed especially over the length his posts! Smilewinkgrin cause I'am on my phone.

hi tj
good to hear from you !! hope you are well and looking after yourself ;0)
ps i listened to your advice over the posts ;0)
best regards mate, Ed

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Aston Tiling back for good in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views
Hi all About to turn of underfloor heating a month after we tiled the kitchen floor - (its...
Replies
Views
I'm a chippy, I fit a lot of kitchens and some bathrooms, inevitably I have done quite a bit of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB