Discuss Autocross Laserliner staf-disappointment in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kaharrison9

Over the past year i've raved about the Laserline Autocross which i still think is a superb laser sadly the staf that is purchased seperatly i would strongly advise against anyone purchasing.
I purchased the package about a year ago,as with all tools to an exstent money is no object but it has to be reliable,stand the test of time and do the job required to a high standard.
6 months after purchase while using the laser the staf lost its tension and crashed to the floor.The pendulam had fulling snapped and the laser was obviously past repair.
Looking at the staf as to why it had happened there is an internal nut that holds the spring under tension that had worked it self loose.To get at this nut you have to unscrew a collar,tap out a pin so not my doing as to this collapse.
Contacted Dave who had heard of this happen before who then passed me on to the Laserline contact.He'd never heard of this happening but asked for the staf and laser.He confirmed the laser was passed repair but would replace free of charge the faulty staf section but they couldn't accept liability.As far as i was concerned the faulty staf was the cause for the write off of the laser,it had happened before to somebody and i was also in the company of another tf member who witnessed it happen.
Anyway bought another Laserline laser around £230 i think and felt a bit peeved i had now spent about £550 in 6 months on a laser.
Haven't made an issue of it up to now,even gave it the benefit of doubt as been a one off
Anyway yesterday setting up the new staf before attaching the laser the spring once again popped out causing the staf to crash luckly the laser wasn't attached.
So fed up with it,working the last few weeks 7 days a week,in these conditions,till late at night that i've no enthusiasm or time at the moment to sort out or vent my fury about this usless piece of kit.At the moment it's stuck in the van while i have greatfully been allowed the use of another members staf.
I now could be looking at the loss of 2 exspensive laser in less than a year due to the same fault so if anybody has a laseriner or is intending to purchase one be very wary.
Cheers
Kev

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Thanks for the heads up
I use a plasterboard prop, £6 from Aldi for mine. And if its any consilation i knocked mine off the stud wall noggin and smashed the glass a couple of weeks ago

I was just about to write 'thanks for the heads up, that'll be valuable to the right members on here' but you beat me to it!

K

kaharrison9

That sounds identical Brinkley.
It works great until the nut works itself loose and the spring that keeps the staf under tension pops out,as mentioned the nut is internal and very difficult to get at so no warning to it happening.
Probably a second nut on the thread would sort it but if Laserliner will not take it on board there is a problem that they could easly rectify then this is going to keep happening

K

kaharrison9

Certainly not a TT fault and have to say the Laserline Autocross itself is a superb laser.
Its a shame that Laserline aren't greatful for constructive comments they are prepared to at least look into and rectify if need, rather than just brush under the carpet.
Over christmas will get the chance to look at the part and will certainly make it impossible to work loose but i have had to go through replacing a laser and nearly possibly another before i realised this problem.
Wouldn't want any other guys to have to learn the hard way

Reply to Autocross Laserliner staf-disappointment in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

D
a few weeks ago had a phone call from a customer wanting a splash back tiled in white metros...
Replies
Views
Bit of a long read......but it made me chuckle a lot. Pocket Taser Stun Gun, a great gift...
Replies
Views
Dougs Third Go
D
U
I have Amtico signature floor in a downstairs room. The Amtico is laid on a solid concrete...
Replies
Views
On a kitchen fit at the moment. Old 1950s house so all plumbing is old 3/4" pipework. I've had...
Replies
Views
BoldreChris
B
K
Hi All Have recently purchased the autocross from trade tiler and have to say very impressed...
Replies
Views
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Autocross Laserliner staf-disappointment
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.