Discuss Automotive Relays in series Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Automotive Relays in series Discussion ThreadAutomotive Relays in series Electrical Advice

I have a specific scenario where my new spot light/flood light pods have three wires feeding them. (Black-Ground, Red-white LED, Yellow-Amber LED) as you can imagine I’d like to have a simple operation to use on or the other but only if the fog light switch is active essentially giving the go ahead to the pods to them be selected for the desired output color.
Here’s what I’m thinking and please tell me if this would or would not work and if not is there a viable solution?
The existing 4-pin Tyco relay relies on the factory fog lamps switch and works fine.
I’m thinking if I take the wire coming from Pin87 out of the existing relay and rebuild it in a slightly heavier gauge wire to feed the pin 30 of a neighboring 5pin tyco relay I can then run my switched 18ga from within the cab to toggle the colors between the 87 & 87A pins.
I hope that I’ve explained it so that you can easily understand what I hope to achieve, if not please feel free to ask questions.

Automotive Relays in series for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to Automotive Relays in series Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Lou

Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Staffordshire
Website
https://www.TilersForums.com
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)
Business Name
TilersForums.com

Thread Information

Title
Automotive Relays in series Electrical Advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Electrical Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond