Discuss average m's out of a bag in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

I wouldn't use an 8mm on that size tile, 10mm minimum, try your 8, pop the tile and see what the coverage is like, so often the tiles are bowed so you'll get no to next to no coverage on anything but the edges.
That's a coincidence, I'm just doing a bathroom with 600x300 porc and an 8mm trowel n back skimming tiles, got there yesterday and had to take 2 off id stuck on the day before due to pipes in wrong place and they wouldnt come off for love nor money, had to replace the plasterboard as they ripped it off the drywall..

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a coincidence, I'm just doing a bathroom with 600x300 porc and an 8mm trowel n back skimming tiles, got there yesterday and had to take 2 off id stuck on the day before due to pipes in wrong place and they wouldnt come off for love nor money, had to replace the plasterboard as they ripped it off the drywall..
Fair enough, I was just making a point about bowed tiles from experience, out of interest, what was the contact like on the back of the tile ?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to average m's out of a bag in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB