Discuss Avoiding thermal shock? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Peter

Had a look at a job in a 6 year old council building where a lot of porcelain has come boast. There's wet ufh and noones quite sure if the screed was heated up properly after the tiling was done. They're wanting some of it repaired but say that it isn't an option for the UFH to stay off for the 30 days. The longest the UFH would be able to stay off would be for two days at a time over the weekend.

Is it in any way possible to tile over the screed if it will be heating up again so soon? Was wondering if a two part rubber crumb or green screed adhesive would allow enough adjustment in it? Would only be approx 1m areas getting repaired.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Avoiding thermal shock? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, new to the site but have been tiling for around 14 years, in that time i have had...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Im new to this forum. I am going to do a job on a new build in a couple of days and...
Replies
Views
stusgsx
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Avoiding thermal shock?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.