Discuss Limestone tiling over a dry sand and cement screed with UFH in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Well guys enjoying the responses. Am only tiling 6 years so am always try to suck in info. I don't want to be 'caught out' hence the request. I then decided to ring BAL technical guru. ( as I am in Ireland so don't know if British standards a applicable in an irish court!). The guru gave these instructions: sand & cement screed must be down for 3 weeks, then commission UFH by raising in daily by 5 dgs to the desired operating temp, leave it at this temp for 7 days, then go back down 5 dgs per day until off, once off leave for 3 days. Begin tiling using Stone and tile thickbed flexible adhesive NO UNCOUPLING MAT REQUIRED. Once finished tiling do not turn on heating for 28 days. Then turn on 5 dgs per day until desired temp reached. Then use UFH as desired. What do you reckon guys, am meeting client tomorrow!

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Why is it i spend ages typing and it tells me im not logged in when i am ,anyway spokke to adhesive tech man , no need for uncoupling mats end of from me but im only a lucky guy i dont know what im doing

Not only lucky but a tad petulant as well.... :sofahide:

Well guys enjoying the responses. Am only tiling 6 years so am always try to suck in info. I don't want to be 'caught out' hence the request. I then decided to ring BAL technical guru. ( as I am in Ireland so don't know if British standards a applicable in an irish court!). The guru gave these instructions: sand & cement screed must be down for 3 weeks, then commission UFH by raising in daily by 5 dgs to the desired operating temp, leave it at this temp for 7 days, then go back down 5 dgs per day until off, once off leave for 3 days. Begin tiling using Stone and tile thickbed flexible adhesive NO UNCOUPLING MAT REQUIRED. Once finished tiling do not turn on heating for 28 days. Then turn on 5 dgs per day until desired temp reached. Then use UFH as desired. What do you reckon guys, am meeting client tomorrow!
well emmettcraik i would tend to go along with the bal tech man,bal have been making adhesives for many many years and i believe its a name to be trusted ,you have now heard it from the people that make the stuff so you wont go far wrong

T

Time's Ran Out

I'd make sure I had it in writing from said Bal guru!
I doubt if anyone is that fussed anymore, everyone has their own tried and tested ways and no doubt the Bal technical have more practical experience than us mere Tilers . After all we just want you to spend loads of money on uncoupling mats! :smilewinkgrin:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Limestone tiling over a dry sand and cement screed with UFH in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber...
Replies
Views
We're quoting to rip up and replace a tiled floor with Limestone tiles. I'm looking for advice...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB