Discuss B and Q tiles. what a joke in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
5010921423098_001c_v001_zp.jpg 5010921423098_002i_v001_zp.jpg

has anyone seen these tiles, there from B and Q there made by johnsons and they say on the box wall and floor tile, but belive you me theres no way i would put these on a floor they look just like any wall tile.

ive just looked at a job and the customer had just bought 26m2 of them to go in there kitchen hall and cloakroom, told them theres no way i could put them on there floor they wouldnt last 5 mins, but you look at the box it says wall and floor tile, then you go on the web site and it says light domestic use only, meaning bathrooms i presume, yet b and q told them they would be fine for a kitchen floor.

in the end i managed to get them a porcelain tile that looked somewhere near the same.

has anyone ever put these on a floor, would be interested to find out if they were ok, because to be honest they look just like a wall tile.

I did a bathroom last year in the Illusion Emperador from B and Q,could only find 2 photos of the job. The Customer had these upstairs on the landing ready for me so I said I'm going to do the floor first so where are the floor tiles,they said these are wall and floor and sure enough it said that on the box lol. Really really soft,I advised against them but they insisted they would be fine,customer is always right eh :lol:
phone 048.jpg phone 038.jpg

R

RichieRich

Yeah I have done a couple of jobs with these sort of B&Q tiles. Bathrooms though not kitchen or hallway.I always advise the customer to not shop there as I hate the tiles they sell, not all tiles the exact same size etc and like you say, these so called floor tiles are that soft its unreal. Touch wood I haven't had any one of the customers come back to me since laying them so i'm guessing there still ok,but to be honest with you I despise using anything to do with B&Q.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to B and Q tiles. what a joke in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a very small area (1m.sq) on an exterior doorway entrance wall to tile. I would...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Andy Allen

Esteemed
Arms
TF
Gloucester

Thread Information

Title
B and Q tiles. what a joke
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.