Discuss B&Q Loft Coal Porcelain Floor Tiles 600x600 in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

A

andrewperry

hi, i have just had these tiles laid in my living room and kitchen and cannot get the smokey grout stains off after mopping with dettol about 6 times, if anything its getting worse, i have had a look on the website and it doesnt give any suggestions on what to do to remove this. i know there have been problems with polished porcelain ones from b&q but these are entirely differant. can someone please help and advise thanks.

If ever i get any grout or adhesive residue on porcelain tiles i use LTP grout residue remover and its superb stuff, you can either get it from tile giant or direct from the LTP website, always try it first on a inconspicous part of your floor, to see if there is any adveres reaction, and always wear gloves, and saftey specs when using this product :thumbsup:

N

nudge

thanks for the suggestions! actually found another forum that suggested vinegar and water, and it worked! only cost me 90p and it has removed it no problem, appreciate your help, and just thought i would share the story. bowl of half water, half vingegar and a scowrer. cheers

Yep! - they know there stuff and it is a very old trick - 1 cup of white Vinegar to a bucket of clean water will remove grout haze residue nicely but do not do it until they day after and do it only once = should equal no scrubbing if it's not to old. :thumbsup: after all vinegar is a mild acid.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to B&Q Loft Coal Porcelain Floor Tiles 600x600 in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB