Guest viewing is limited

Discuss b&q slate tiles 300 x 300 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

i been to put slc on a new job this evening and i was horrified when i seen the tiles! they are varying from 13 mm down to about 2/3 mm ! these are really rough and the slithers of the slate are coming off and are really sharp. the customer can't take them back as he's had them too long. whats best to do with these? i thought grade them thick to thin and start with the thick ones? and what sealer should i use? (never used slate before) and should they be sealed prior to laying or prior to grouting. thanks in advance all:thumbsup:

M

Mike

yes mike,grade them thick to thin altho i wouldnt be keen oin laying 2mm floor tiles, i try and choose a sealer that has an added colour enhancer whwn using slate especially if its cheap slate onece its been cleaned and sealed with the enhancer it makes tham look a million times better
i thought that would be best, sounds like a job for my 16 yr old nephew lol. at what stage would you seal them tho? and ill discard any that are too thin :thumbsup:

M

Mike

I turned up to a job last year where the customer bought these.. i refused to fix and he managed to change them no probs.. as long as he had the receipt and they were unopened apart from one box i looked at..

IMO they are way to thin
I know what you mean dave but he's had them about 8 weeks and i think he only has 28 days to return them. like i said i'd discard the thin ones. i told him nothing i can do about the slithers coming off, i guess you get that with natural slate? or is it just poor quality?

Reply to b&q slate tiles 300 x 300 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. Have a tiler coming in to do my floor tiles but don't think he's done a...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Can anyone suggest how I might find some of these (or something very similar from another...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
b&q slate tiles 300 x 300
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.