Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Back to the drawing board in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pebbs

Clients really do my head in sometimes. I dragged along a pile of samples this morning to a contract, and to my horror it was a woman designer! Im sorry to say this but they always change their minds half way through a contract. Men are much more straight forward, they tell you what they are looking for, you look around, take the samples along do your talk, and listen for their input. Today I got.... I dont think I want to go with this colourway anymore! :mad2: the architect sat there looking gob-smacked, the contractor sat there with a blank expression....so I asked what colour scheme do you have in mind... She said, I havent got a clue but Im sure you can work something out lovely for me....(I thought that was her job, but what the **** do I know?).

Shes messing with my mind, if I hadnt signed the contract, Id walk away now I see problems ahead with Missy Designer....two can play at this game...watch this space...Im going for Lime and Orange! see how she likes that one!

Lynn

R

Rob Z

Lynn, I'm in the planning stages now for a bathroom job, and the designer is a flaming idiot. I'm :mad2: every time I have to talk to her.

She wants to be involved in every detail, but she has absolutely no clue about construction. When I try to explain to her why what she wants done won't work, she quickly gets spazzy and claims that's what the tradesmen or for-to figure out how to make the job happen.

I then say that's what I am doing, figuring out what is going to be a botched job before the clients' bathroom is ripped out and they have spent a lot of $$$$$ on the design, only then at that point for me to say "this ain't working".

So she then will say "give me ideas about how to make this work." I then repond with explanations of what we can do, and she says she can't visualize what I am saying.

Endless cycle of :incazzato::incazzato: .

Reply to Back to the drawing board in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Back to the drawing board
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.