Discuss Backer board question. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rj1884

Good afternoon.

I went to look at a job yesterday with one wall being studded out. Most of the wall is plasterboard and the rest is hardie backer in the shower area. The plasterers then plastered the plasterboard and stopped where it met the backer board meaning they have now created a lip from the backer board to the plaster. I obviously would just waterproof the shower area and tile but this lip may now cause problems as I don't want to bed the tiles out in the shower area. Can backer board be skimmed to bring it flush with the existing plaster. I know this isn't par for the course but would it cause any problems doing this.

Sorry for the long winded explanation. Thanks in advance.

J

Just Rizzle

standard practice for me 1st thing i do is get out my old was boy bucket which has a 3/1 mix of sbr init and apply it to all areas we are tiling . never had any problems .
had a call to day to view a job i priced a few weeks ago. tilers doing her consevatory floor have put down elec ufh and screeded over it at a depth of 20 mm. she has thrown them off the job as the whole floor has cracked an debonded from the floor . my bet is they failed to PRIME.

W

White Room

standard practice for me 1st thing i do is get out my old was boy bucket which has a 3/1 mix of sbr init and apply it to all areas we are tiling . never had any problems .
had a call to day to view a job i priced a few weeks ago. tilers doing her consevatory floor have put down elec ufh and screeded over it at a depth of 20 mm. she has thrown them off the job as the whole floor has cracked an debonded from the floor . my bet is they failed to PRIME.

Would'nt have thought that there would be a good heat flow with the 20mm screed on top....

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Backer board question. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm about to tile my kitchen with 600mm x 600mm porcelain tiles. I am tiling onto a subfloor...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've just seen patches of tile backer board with patches where something looks to have...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am in the middle of renovating my bathroom. First of its kind for me! The walls were...
Replies
Views
Hi all, probably a pretty common question but I'm going around in circles looking online for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB