UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss background for tiling a shower in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

marko56

Am refurbing a downstairs shower room - have stripped out the old tiles and am back to blockwork - the shower size is 1100 x 900 and will have 3 walls to tile - I have room to batten out if necessary - was thinking of using wedi/kerdi/hardibacker/aquapanel but seems costly (was quoted £41 + vat for a sheet of 2500x625 wedi board at CTD - I'm not trade so guess I'm paying full whack ) - looking at MR plasterboard and then tanking (have used a tanking kit before) - if done properly is this as good as using backerboard? The shower is a second shower and won't get a huge amount of use (couple of showers per day max) - any help appreciated.

D

DHTiling

thanks for all your help - i'm gonna try to get backerboard cheaper than quoted - I've seen marmox boards 1250x600x10 for £10 each @ tilefixdirect.com - I'll need 13 for my shower - using plasterboard would be £30 plus tanking kit say total £90 so seems worth it for the extra - has anyone used marmox board and is 10mm sufficient for walls - thanks for your help up til now

Try PHG Wetrooms for your Marmox boards.. Waterproof Insulation Boards - PHG Wetrooms cheaper than those above

Reply to background for tiling a shower in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
S
Hello all From across the Pond !! Florida here.. Tradesman looking to purchase a Sigma for use...
Replies
Views
SurfHunter
S
D
Hi Thanks to all who provided advice on my bathroom project 3 years ago, tiling both the...
Replies
Views
swanman
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.