Discuss Backing board compression in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

Anna Rack

Thanks. According the manufacturer the boards have a 30 t/m2 compression strength.

If my maths is correct this means a 30mm square tile would take 27kg. Does this sound adequate?

If I went to 50mm tiles that would increase to 75kg which sounds more than adequate bearing in mind (excuse the pun) I wouldn't be wearing high heels in the toilet?!

Found this description for a board which has the same specification:

PCS Wetfloors and Tile Backer Boards are made from extruded foam (agglomerated styrene particles). As a result the density weight loading is 30 tons per sq metre.

This may sound a lot, but gives us the confidence to permit use of tiny (25mm x 25mm) mosaic tiling. The maximum point load per tile is therefore 18.7kg per 25mm x 25mm tile and customers can have total peace of mind that the tile will not sink into the board.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Backing board compression in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

J
Hi folks - first post here but a long time reader, so hello! :smile5: Now onto my question -...
Replies
Views
I
W
Hi all, I am after a bit of advice after becoming conbfised over many different answers from...
Replies
Views
lizzardtong
L
I
Good evening all, Has anybody used the mosaic boards that you can stick to the back of the...
Replies
Views
ifindoubtgrout
I
G
Hello all, Right...the Wife and I have just bought a right old project so funds are low, so I...
Replies
Views
p4ulo
P
A
Hi, Looking for some advice with respect to installing underfloor heating and tiled floor into...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB