UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss bad advice to customers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

Did a job earlier in the year - large/medium format Porcelain tile with tubbed adhesive and supplier of tiles insisted they would only guarantee the tiles with their adhesive, which by the way was £25 per tub:lol:. I made my stand and told the customer I would not use their adhesive and he was prepared for me to walk rather than take the adhesive back to the shop. In the end I supplied the cement based fast set flexible I'd have preferred at my own expense and gave the tubbed stuff away to a kitchen company for splashbacks.

D

doug boardley

Did a job earlier in the year - large/medium format Porcelain tile with tubbed adhesive and supplier of tiles insisted they would only guarantee the tiles with their adhesive, which by the way was £25 per tub:lol:. I made my stand and told the customer I would not use their adhesive and he was prepared for me to walk rather than take the adhesive back to the shop. In the end I supplied the cement based fast set flexible I'd have preferred at my own expense and gave the tubbed stuff away to a kitchen company for splashbacks.
good on you TJ:thumbsup:

A

Aston

same old story with some tile shops, 'they will tell you anything to sell you anything'.
i'm not always sure that its poor training or whether its desperate measures to get rid of stock, either way its annoying when you get to a job and you have to go through the usual line of 'sorry this adheisive isnt suitable, have you kept your receipt?? something does need legislating regarding this issue.

R

Rich

This drives me batty! I did a big job last year, the customers supplied the tiles and adhesives/grouts what have you from a local tile supplier. The had bought thousands of pounds worth of stone floor tiles, they supplied Weber Addy, brilliant. But I had asked the customer to have a look at the schluter profiles as he was going to need expansion joints (large Field of flooring with UFH). The guys in the shop told him that he doesnt need expansion joints. I phoned them up and we had a bit of a row on the phone as they hadn't seen the job and had no idea of what the tiles were being used for! WHY? To this day I dont get it... Why do these people feel like they have to advice on things that they have no idea about? They would have made more money...

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to bad advice to customers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm currently dealing with the contractor from hell who has ruined job after job in my house...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I really need some pro advice as I have just had a bathroom fitted and the tiling...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 53945
D
Good Evening Folks. I'm going to post a few pictures & would like to hear some feedback from...
Replies
Views
T
It’s in open forum so ‘mind your language ‘! On Monday last week I did something I’ve not done...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
bad advice to customers
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.