Discuss Bad tiling thrown off job! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
copied these pics from a Facebook forum I'm on.
Apparently they sacked the guy doing the job !

IMG_1223.PNG IMG_1224.PNG IMG_1225.PNG IMG_1226.PNG

smokie899

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Seen to much of this. But why does a customer always wait until job is complete or as near as, then chuck them off the job.
Always check. In some cases they seem to be embarrassed and don't want to be seen to be looking over the workers shoulders. Simple solution, bring up a few cuppas and have a gander. If you don't like what you see, raise your concerns straight away.
You may be spun a fib that when grouted etc it will be fine. It won't.
If you can't raise it then, wait until he/she goes home on the first day. Get up and go through the job throughly and if it's bad and we all know what is and isn't whether your an office worker or tradesperson, you will have seen many examples of good and bad tiling ie pub/restaurant toilets, shopping centres and friends homes etc.
If it's bad get them out asap as it will be quicker and cheaper to rectify.
If in doubt talk it out, if still in doubt chuck em out.

Chris N

TF
Nuneaton
Weird how we all differ as regards to our 'eye for detail'. I'm blessed and cursed for having a finely tuned eye for detail...if I do say so myself :)

Its always held me in good stead and has allowed me to take calculated risks if doing something for the first time. I do know when to say 'no' though.

Its a shame when people subject others to that pile of *****. Either because they have absolutely no conscience or are so desperate to earn some money that they'll convince themselves that they're capable of 'pulling it off',

S

slythetiler

Shocking tiling right There!! Never amazes me what some so called tilers will try and get away with. The trouble is, we can all get tared with the same brush! I know i have lost out on jobs to cheaper quotes, because i have been called by the customer to try and sort out the fu** up caused by the jobber who quoted cheaper. String line tiling......cant fault it! 3mm and 4mm yacht cord is perfect. Used it in Norway, 2 men one room, as soon as the base row was set, one guy strung the line, second guy dropped a row on, first guy strung the line and so on..around the whole room, not one wall at a time either! you would be surprised how quick it can be done, and how neat the grout lines are too!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bad tiling thrown off job! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB