Discuss Bad Walls in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

WetSaw

20160526_165737.jpg 20160524_165136.jpg I've started ripping out this bathroom and the walls are bloody awful. Tiled over plaster( a bit like bonding covered with the Spanish equivalent of Artex). I've got off as much of the plaster as I can but here's my quandary , I've got 60 x 30 porcs to go up. What would be your preferred option?

W

WetSaw

Yes Antonio, I am in Spain. My concern is that I would not be able to get mortar to adhere properly to the bricks with the amount of plaster still remaining on them. A Spanish builder suggested making holes all across the wall so mortar could enter and grip. I may try a test area your way ( also lime is only in huge bags!) If I wasn't going to fix tiles @ 30kg m2 I wouldn't be so concerned.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bad Walls in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Evening all, I've got a job coming up soon in a bathroom, wall to ceiling around the bath then...
Replies
Views
I am planning to tile bathroom with large porcelain tiles 1200x600 over water-resistant backer...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm part re-tiling/plastering a bathroom, which as the pictures show, has masonary to...
Replies
Views
I want to tile the bathroom myself, two walls and inside the windows - seen some really nice...
Replies
Views
Hello gents! Long time lurker, first time poster.... I’m just fitting out our en-suite bathroom...
Replies
Views
Allan D
A

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB