UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Bal & Ardex Merger in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
A friend of mine who works for BAL told me god knows how long ago that Ardex and Bal are as one. Honestly cant remember how long ago he told me but it must be at least a couple of years

Ardex bought BAL from Johnsons. And they had the name Norcros on license for 5 years, and after then we've had 2 years of the rebranded BAL or thereabouts. So it's been about 7 years since Ardex fully owned BAL. From what I understood anyway.

But what I think somebody has heard (and a couple of people have) is an actual merge of the brands. Not sure how it would work and I can't find facts on it like. So I'm guessing it's just hearsay. Would seem a waste of money rebranding BAL 2 or 3 years ago or whenever it was and then rebranding it again though. So I think somebody must be mixing something up.

M

Muse2k8

Back to topic.

So is it all just a mixed understanding? I understand that the managing director of Ardex was given the MD job of Ardex Holdings last November 2011 (dug about for some info) and maybe thats the mixup as I don't think any MD from one of the brands has also held the group position simultaneously.

It's probably worth repeating that Ardex UK and Ardex Holdings are 2 companies where Ardex UK only controls Ardex as a product/brand where as Ardex Holdings is the parent group (group as a business entity governs others, ie Baird Group Ltd but has individual brands such as Pierre Cardin, Ben Sherman, Jeff Banks, Barracuta etc) and manages Ardex, Bal etc.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bal & Ardex Merger in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.