Discuss Bal Micromax 2 Smoke grout shading in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jimbhoy1888

Hi
Just completed a floor area on a new build. 90m2 Vilroy Boch 600x600 Porcelain Matt tile. Tiled onto Hardwood Ply Surface over Underfloor Pipe heating. House is mid construction, no heating, no hot water, no portaloo. Water from a stand pipe.
Problem is Grout joints are now shading lighter in all areas.
Grout was mixed as specified, 4/5 part powder to 1 part water. Grouted area, left for 20/25 minutes cos of cold slow drying process. At same time never left it longer before cleaning off excess grout and smoothing joints. Used Wash Boy minimizing water. 1 wipe off and left to dry and set for 2/3 hours. Finally cleaning again with cold clean water and wash boy.
Is there a product than can be used now like a colour enhancer, colour intensifier, to regain full colour? Or is it a regrouting job and how do we stop this from happening again?
Ive read on the forum a few shading problems with Micromax 2.
Is there a technique to stop this from happening?
Thanks in advance
And hi
JB

You could always give this a try. Its from tradetiler.com
grout-rescue-charcoal_1.jpg

I had this on an Ardex dark grey grout. Ardex told me it was either the very low temp of the air/tiles or hard water. I re-grouted in the end as nothing cleaned it up.

J

Jimbhoy1888

Thanks for all your replies, looks like a hard lesson learned. Cold conditions and over use of water as per the wash boy. I can post some pictures for future reference. I called the BAL trade helpline and they were very helpful and would send a rep out if needed. There is no colour intensifier so it looks like a regroup job. Sponged by hand and mechanically mix the grout. Hope this post helps any future problems. Thanks again folks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bal Micromax 2 Smoke grout shading in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
So... have a problem maybe some of you guys (and girls) might be able to help with. Laid a new...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
K
Hello, I have just grouted my new tiles and after 3 days it has started to go yellow in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB