Discuss What went wrong with this floor???? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

One Day

which hot !!!!
I do not live in Africa !!!!
if the tile is absorbent, it is also absorbent in uk !!
revise reading data sheets .;)
flunked. ahaha :)

The only time tiles are supposed to be wet here, is on the very very rare days when it gets warm!
Honestly, I've never seen any advice from manufacturers advising soaking tiles.
I wipe the back of ceramics with a wet sponge to get dust off, never really considered the absorption thing until now!

Just wanted to say big thank you to all who commented and made suggestions.
After following your advise floor is down and rock solid (well with a little flexibility from the flex adhesive lol)
Only thing I didn't use the lash level clips as I had to lift the tile slightly to get the clips under and I felt like it was compromising the adhesion somewhat. Luckily the floor was nice and level so even spread on the adhesive gave me no lipage so to speak.
Thought I would post a picture :)
DSC_3584.JPG

Reply to What went wrong with this floor???? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
    • Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
What went wrong with this floor????
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Canada Tile Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond