Discuss Bal Micromax grout in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

ttt tiling

TF
Arms
brackley
Hi all ' I'm having problems using these new polymer grouts
Been associated to Fired Earth for best part of 30 years and almost exclusively used their adhesive and grouts
They are generally using Norcross stuff at the moment and even though the grout can be a bit sticky sometimes,
it at least dries consistently
Doing at lot more private jobs now and am having problems with grout drying patchy , even bal micromax!

As they recommend , I let the grout settle for 3 minutes and then remix
I do find it starts to stick to the tile quickly , so wash of sooner than I'd like ,I do seem to be
forever bedding up , so am getting varying grout depths , but hey that's the real world!

Why is the grout drying patchy , what am I doing wrong HELP!!!:mad2:

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
This topic is discussed here every week! I personally have stopped using Micromax and Mapei grouts. I only use Weber (although some tiles hate that too).

The last time I used Mapei I weighed out the water and the powder and mixed. Waited.........and mixed again. It still turned out patchy.

A couple of months ago I used an epoxy grout. I mixed it up and it was really really thick. I grouted and all turned out fine.

I now mix my grouts thick and I never get problems with patchiness.

Another thing I have done in the last few months is to sack my washboy. I could never get the float dry enough. I now use sponges. So I grout, wipe off once with sponge and clean water, then polish/dry with microfibre cloth. I now look forward to grouting!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bal Micromax grout in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
Evening..... Am preparing a kitchen floor to receive 15 x 600 x 900 polished limestone tiles...
Replies
Views
I wonder if any one can give me some advice. I live in a fairly new build house that was built 8...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB