Discuss Bal single part adhesive/rubiflex trowel/porcelain tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

blue_max

Ok, After 18 months, I am going to remove the plastic sheeting around the bath/shower and tackle the tiling at last!

The tiles are 60x30 porcelain and I'm using them on the walls and floors. I'm putting down 6mm hardie backer on the floor. I'm intending to use some bal single part flexible (slow set) under the backer to level it a little before laying the floor tiles. It's 5mm max out and the room is only about 3m sq m. Is that even advisable?

Next I have purchased a rubliflex 10mm notched trowel. However, the bal instructions suggest I use a solid bed trowel. Is that achievable with the trowel I have bought? Or is pushing down a little more going to achieve more or less the same thing. I'm hoping to use the one trowel for wall and floor. Lowering the angle should reduce the amount of adhesive shouldn't it - or am I being naive.

I have used some insulated tile backer. It has a cement surface. It was bought some time ago and is a no-brand job lot which was cheap because it was inconsistent thickness. Should I be concerned about the tile weight? Any practical way to check now it is on the walls?

Finally, I have decided on 3mm spacers on floor/walls as they are going to butt up. Or should I use some sort of skirting to disguise. Suggestions welcome. I also have some cubby holes and a cabinet set into the wall. Not sure how best to handle the cabinet, so it will be removable if required (needs to lift over a plate on the back wall). And the light covers will need to go into the tiles. Don't want a huge gap, but needs to be practical. How best to tackle. And where to get metal edging that is not so expensive (around £15/2mtr).

Oops, and one more thing - recommendations for grout as I have lots of experience of it going mouldy. Seal additives or special purpose?

Lots in there, so hope I haven't made it too complicated.

Thank you in advance for the benefit of your vast experience guys. :thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bal single part adhesive/rubiflex trowel/porcelain tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB