Discuss bal tile and grout in 1. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

grumpygrouter

I'll try it this way.......

as requested by a member...here is Marks tutorial...brilliant corner solution....Gaz
icon1.gif
3 way mitre..tutorial (hopefully)
Here I am going to attempt to guide you through a the cutting of a 3 way mitre.

picture 1 is of the 3 way mitre.

trim for the top of the mitre is laid flat in the mitre box as in pic 2, after you have cut the mitre you then stand the trim up and cut the mitre in half (the opposite way) as in pic 3, this will then give you a point as in pic 4
next you cut the piece the for the downward trim, you cut this in the opposite to the top piece, cut your mitre in the normal way with the trim standing up, then you lie it flat and cut it in half the opposite way as in pics 5 and 6.

hope this helps with some of the confusion...Mark.
Attached Thumbnails

D

dandare

hey , this will seem like a right numpty question but... everything is just about in place to start bar 2 small sections of some old paper. it's just not for moving. i've been soaking and scrapping at these bits for ages. the top vinyl type layer has come off but i guess whats underneath is something other than lining paper as it isn't soaking up the water.
i can't find anyone that can loan me a steamer.
these pesky 2 bits are doing my box in!!!!
any trade tips for getting it off before starting?

G

Gazzer

hey , this will seem like a right numpty question but... everything is just about in place to start bar 2 small sections of some old paper. it's just not for moving. i've been soaking and scrapping at these bits for ages. the top vinyl type layer has come off but i guess whats underneath is something other than lining paper as it isn't soaking up the water.

yeah buy a steamer...cheap enough and will always be useful.

G

grumpygrouter

Chisel them off and fill the holes with rapidset!

Grumpy

D

dandare

thanks. i'll have a read through the tub.
now on to aesthetics, he's bought a load of cheap white square tiles to do all of the bathroom, with white grout. i think it may look bland. WHITE everywhere, from looking at some of the images on here and a tile brochure i picked up it got me thinking of jazzing it up, stick with the squares but do a border black/grey tiles framing each wall.
do any of you have links to your own work or somewhere i can view different patterns etc.. to give me an idea of how it could look.

Reply to bal tile and grout in 1. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Our tiler has done a really amazing job with our kitchen flooring, but has used a...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
bal tile and grout in 1.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.