Guest viewing is limited

Discuss bal - variset xp in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazebo

All good posts and comments on this product but at the end of the day i'm sure Bal researched the need for a product like this before embarking on manufacturing it.......

I will not be using it reguarly as with the liquid it is expensive ( i can't buy rapid set polymer modified adhesive for £8 a bag anywhere so please tell me where I can.?? or is that a trick of the trade aswell)

I will try boiling a kettle when I next need to get left over addy from my van to go off quickly or when I next need a cuppa.

And as you rightly point out those of us with less experience in the trade do not know about these things. That is why we are here on your forum.................:smilewinkgrin:

Y

Yorkshire Tiling Services

All good posts and comments on this product but at the end of the day i'm sure Bal researched the need for a product like this before embarking on manufacturing it.......

I will not be using it reguarly as with the liquid it is expensive ( i can't buy rapid set polymer modified adhesive for £8 a bag anywhere so please tell me where I can.?? or is that a trick of the trade aswell)

I will try boiling a kettle when I next need to get left over addy from my van to go off quickly or when I next need a cuppa.

And as you rightly point out those of us with less experience in the trade do not know about these things. That is why we are here on your forum.................:smilewinkgrin:

Have never seen Rapid Set polymer modified,flexible S1 adhesive for £8.00 a bag anywhere !

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'm not too sure warm water is the answer. Cement cures by hydration and needs the water to be in the mix for the time it needs to set, this then cures the adhesive. If you allow the moisture to evaporate, you risk using a mix that hasn't had the right curing requirements.

That said, never tried it myself so perhaps there is something in it.

Reply to bal - variset xp in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
The wife wants to renew kitchen wall and floor tiles and we have been looking for a few weeks...
Replies
Views
C
We have a bungalow built on a sloping site so the floor at the back is around 1.5 metres above...
Replies
Views
One Day
O
O
So after a couple of weeks trialing @ISOMAT UK products, thought it was time to give initial...
Replies
Views
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
bal - variset xp
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.